Chapter 5

Did he really leave?

Suddenly, the bathroom door opened. It was Aiden, I was relieved. I was so glad that he didn't leave because I haven't felt this to close to someone in a while.

"You're awake?" Aiden asked.

The bathroom door was still open and the hot steam was flowing out the door. I could barely see it, in the air. Then, my eyes came upon Aiden. I didn't notice it now that he was completely naked. Well, he had a white towel covering his lower body but his upper body was naked. Before, he didn't look strong but he has 6 pack and it was hot. I almost lost my train of thought.

"Yeah, why you up so early? I asked.

"Sorry, I have to meet George this morning about something and I will be back later." He said.

I felt a guilt watching him dress himself and then he left the door. I was alone at last but I just feel empty. At the corner of my eye, I saw the book he bought yesterday. I know I shouldn't think about doing this but I still grabbed the book. It was a book on college. Which was weird because why would he read a book about college?

I thought about it and I realized again. Aiden stuff was gone. It suddenly hit me. He ran away. I didn't have George phone number so I couldn't call him or Lennie. I didn't know what to do so I just sat there for 5 hours, spacingout.

~5 HOURS LATER~

The door slammed open and then I jumped. I turned around and it was George.

"Where is he?" George yelled.

"Who?" I replied.

"Aiden, he didn't show up this morning" he explained.

"I don't know" I said.

"Did he say anything?" George asked.

"No" I said.

George seemed very mad because he left slamming the door. He was really gone. I felt tears coming from my eyes. I didn't feel anything. It wouldn't stop and I couldn't stop this feeling. I miss him. That night, I cried myself to sleep.

When I woke up, my eyes looked puffy. Which was explainable since I did cry.

The door opened again and it was George and Lennie this time.

"Is he still not here?" George asked.

"No, I don't think, he's coming back" I sadly said.

"Okay, ROWAN, you and I are going to make a deal. I want you to find Aiden and if you don't I'll kill you and if you do, you'll stay alive." He seriously said.

"Why me?" I asked.

George pulled out a gun and pointed it at me. This honestly, isn't the first time. This has happen to me so I didn't over react.

"Okay, I get it" I replied.

"Also, if try to run or disobey us. I will find you and kill you" George said.

They left after that. Was Aiden, really this special? He seemed so normal.

Okay, Aiden. You got this as I told myself. I watched a lot of mystery shows or detective shows at the shelter so maybe that will help. My guess is that he is at a college since he was reading a book about it. Which means, he probably wanted to go to college. I know college cost a lot of money because I wanted to go but I couldn't because of money issues. How would Aiden get this money? Was he saving up? Ugh, I don't know. Slamming my head against the wall.

It was enough for me today so I decided to rest on the bed and it felt empty. Nobody was sleeping next to me. I've always felt alone but with Aiden I wasn't. I didn't want to let go of that feeling. I've decided to find him. I mean, I have no choice but it's also for me too.

Starting tomorrow, I have to go look for him, starting with college...

~Sorry, short chapter~