chapter 4

From: Unknown Number

People are talking about you

Trixie looked at her phone in fear. What was this about? Who was talking about her? What were they talking about? Who was this person texting her?? She started to panic, and the only thing she could do is text back with shaking fingers.

To: Unknown Number

Who is this? And who's talking about me? What are they saying?

From: Unknown Number

This is Max, my phone died, so I'm using my girlfriend's phone. Seems as though Alaska Thunderfuck and Sharon Needles saw you with Katya on their bus after school. Why were you talking with her?

Trixie looked at the text with terror. Fuck, she thought. Max found out she was with Katya, even though he clearly told her not to. She was probably fucked now. And even though Max had no right to tell her who she can and can't talk to, she decided to just lie to assure him as she didn't want anyone to talk bad about her.

To: Unknown Number

I got partnered up with her in art for a project and she wanted to discuss it with me on the bus. That's all.

From: Unknown Number

Ah, that makes sense. Pearl was thinking that you were actually friend's with her.

Trixie was really starting to feel bad now, she actually liked Katya, but she wasn't supposed to talk to her. What if she got talked about the way Katya does? What if people spread rumours about her being lesbian too? And even though she is, she'd hate for people to know. People didn't like people like her at her school. Except Katya. But no one else besides Bianca (that she knew of) liked Katya. And Katya gets negatively talked about a lot, which is something Trixie could not bare to stand again.

She still wanted to be friends with Katya of course, but if she was she would have to keep it a secret. Trixie was good at keeping secrets, so she decided to just keep her friendship with Katya a secret. She'd tell Max that she'd only talk to her about the project but still treat Katya like a friend when Max wasn't around.

From: Unknown Number

Needles said you two were joking and laughing together. Was that about the project too?

To: Unknown Number

We were joking about what our project was going to be. We were making stupid jokes about making our project really silly and having really weird things on it. That's pretty much it.

From: Unknown Number

Alright.

Trixie gulped nervously, could Max tell that she was lying?  Well actually, she wasn't really lying. They were joking about the project. But they also talked about themselves. She really hoped people wouldn't talk bad about her because of her new friendship with Katya.

   It was later on in the day and Trixie was sitting on her bed, smiling widely, she was on her phone and texting Katya. They were texting about the people at their school and Katya was telling her about Bianca and a few of her other friends.

From: Katya

Bianca's a bitch tbh. Her friend Adore can be a bitch too, but she's naturally pretty chill. Though that's because she's high a lot. Their friend Courtney is chill too, but she can seem like a dick depending on how you interpret what she says.

To: Katya

Well, good to know I guess! It seems like everyone likes calling each other a bitch at our school.