Chapter 3

So the next day Amelia awoke in her mothers arms due to her father having to go a hold a trial. So Amelia's usual routine commenced she'd get bathed, get dressed,have breakfast and sit in the garden depending on the weather. Today it was raining so Amelia wasn't allowed in the garden due to the mess it would cause. So Amelia decided to Sit and watch the receptionist work,Gianna her name was. A few hours passed , trial still wasn't over. It wasn't until athenodora herself was escorted down with Sulpicia which meant it was feeding time,Amelia didn't know this of course but Gianna did." My queen if I may be so bold, considering where you're going , I was just about to go and take lunch myself out in volterra square and I was wondering if I could possibly take Amelia with me. It would get her out the risk of harms way and we wouldn't be long".gianna had asked respectfully. Amelia who never spent three hours at most with seeing her father,not even demetri and Felix had seen her this morning. The only people Amelia had seen was the human maid that assisted her in getting ready. " if you like Gianna but should she come back hurt there will be consequences am I understood?" Athenodora asked knowing Heidi was due any moment." Yes ma'am" replied Gianna and she swiftly grabbed Amelia's coat from in the cupboard and took her by the hand and led her out. Had athenodora asked Amelia if she had wanted to go she would have said no because she didnt like Gianna. They came to a stop outside a cafe when Gianna turned to Amelia and bent down so she was eye level and said" I don't want to hear a squeak out of you brat, the only reason the masters and queen took you in is so they could find someone to take my place when I'm turned into a vampire like them. Granted your young maybe your just that stupid it'll take a few years to train you,demetri is mine and as if marcus could ever love someone like you,my our just a replacement for his dead wife.besides your so called mother and so called father have lost interest in you already haven't they?did you see them this morning?no I thought not. I'm going to have lunch and your going to sit quietly got it? Gianna had walked into a cafe and left little Amelia who was blinking away tears ,trying to keep up. Gianna completely terrified Amelia entirely. So when Gianna had started exchanging numbers with a young man , Amelia left the table and wanted to make her way back home. She thought she remembered the way. Soon she was lost,she'd forgotten her coat at the cafe and she was hungry as Gianna didn't order her anything when she ordered food for herself. Amelia didn't know what to do so she kept on walking hoping she might recognise something.
Back at the cafe Gianna had gotten ready to leave and had paid the bill when she saw Amelia's coat on the chair but no Amelia, recognition of what she done flashed over her what should she do. Gianna ran back to the castle as fast as she could in her heels and didn't say anything about Amelia. It wasn't until queen Sulpicia came to ask Gianna where Amelia was and that no one had heard her come back, that Gianna had responded with" oh thank god queen Sulpicia I was waiting for one of the masters or queens to come out, Amelia's missing she left the cafe I tried looking for her but I had no luck" " ibeg your pardon do you mean to say my niece is out there in the freezing cold and pouring down rain lost in the city since lunchtime and it's now half past 6 and you say something. She's not even got her coat on, poor thing.thats it" Sulpicia had punched Gianna straight in the face and dragged her into the throne room, whilst alerting the elite guard to go in the city and try to find Amelia. The Kings came to the conclusion they'd deal with Gianna when they had found Amelia. Demetri wasn't able to track her due to her shield that she possibly had. Two more hours passed making it half 8 at night and still no sign until Heidi's phone rang.

Amelia wandered the streets of volterra praying and hoping she'd see something and she did she found a flyer advertising the tour in the castle. There was two numbers to call one to someone called Heidi and the other to the assistant. Carrying the flyer with her, Amelia saw two old ladies in a cafe window." Hello I'm sorry to bother you, but do you have a phone I could use I've been lost for a while, I don't know where I am I need to phone my parents please,my babysitter left me behind" Amelia asked happy that her words came out properly thanks to Jane teaching her how to pronounce words properly. The old lady reached into her purse and handed Amelia her phone, Amelia sat on the chair as she dialled the first number on the flyer. There was no answer so she tried the second." Hello you have demetri at volterra castle, are you calling to book a tour?" Demetri had asked." Demmy help me I don't know where I am I want to come home" Amelia replied crying.she heard demetri shouting," sweetheart it's daddy where are you?" Caius had taken the phone from demetri." No where's demmy I want to speak to demmy" Amelia was only trusting demetri and Felix at the moment," sweetheart it's demmy where are you is there someone who can tell,e where you and I'll come and get you princess" demetri asked. Demetri then proceeded to speak to a lady that Amelia had put in the phone whilst putting in his coat and grabbing Amelia's he hurried and left the castle. The kind lady had then ended the call and told Amelia that her brother demetri was on his way and was already leaving so he'd be hear soon. 5 minutes later demetri came through the cafe door." Demmy" Amelia shouted noticing Felix behind him. " Amelia sweetheart your freezing,Felix order a hot chocolate I'll go and thank the ladies for helping Amelia.with that said Amelia would let demetri put her down. He thanked the ladies for their kindness and informed them that the babysitter was fired. Leaving the cafe it was dark enough for demetri and Felix to run home but amelia was too old and wet so they called a taxi. Walking through the halls and to the throne room ,Felix opened the doors and demetri walked in with Amelia clinging to him. He put her down expecting her to run to Caius, athenodora or Marcus but she didn't she turned straight back to demetri. This wasn't Amelia's behaviour so Aro walked towards her and touched her cheek seeing everything that had happened and everything Gianna had said. Athenodora tried to take Amelia from demetri but Amelia would let go.so Aro proceeded to tell everyone what was said." It seems my dear covens that our receptionist thought it would be a grand idea to tell Amelia and I repeat in her exact words 'I don't want to hear a squeak out of you brat, the only reason the masters and queen took you in is so they could find someone to take my place when I'm turned into a vampire like them. Granted your young maybe your just that stupid it'll take a few years to train you,demetri is mine and as if marcus could ever love someone like you,my our just a replacement for his dead wife.besides your so called mother and so called father have lost interest in you already haven't they?did you see them this morning?no I thought not. I'm going to have lunch and your going to sit quietly got it' it seems Gianna neglected to feed her so demetri or Felix and she's comfortable with you,make sure she eats and see of you can calm her down, she won't trust in us for a while,she's hurting that we lied.no one has pent time with her , we forget she's so young, however Gianna will not get away with this I think Dora should do the honours of giving the punishment." Aro declared.
Demetri and Felix both left the room to care for Amelia . Felix fed her whilst demetri run a warm bath and waited for either Dora or Caius to bring some jamas for the princess. Amelia had finished her food and demetri had already told her to relax in the bath. Closing his eyes demetri walked into the bathroom and pulled the shower curtain across.so he could sit and keep her company but so that she also had privacy too." Princess,you know the stuff Gianna said wasn't true the part about vampires yes that's true Amelia but you trust me right? I've proven that to you so please do not allow Gianna to win this is what she wants, Marcus does love you princess as does your mummy and daddy. You didn't see what they were like when you were missing , they weren't the same Melia.make a promise to me princess that you'll give them at least a chance to talk to you to prove Gianna wrong and they will I promise hand in my heart,now serious question missy are we watching frozen or lilo and stitch?" Demetri asked his heart broke the whole of the coven that had met Amelia instantly loved her , it took Jane a while at first but they finally got there. Demetri wouldn't admit it but he enjoyed it when the little princess knocked on his door just to watch films with him." LILO and stitch please demetri and can you let everyone know that I'm sorry but I just need time can they speak to me in the morning at breakfast and can I stay with you tonight please Felix let me stay with him last time?" Amelia asked from the bath tub he knew he wouldn't be able to say no to her she was a sister to him." I shall have Felix tell your father and the others right away and of course princess anything for you" . Demetri replied and had Felix wait in his room as he went to show the masters himself that Amelia was coming around but that she wanted to stay with him tonight. With her parents permission,He returned to his room with Marcus on his heels. Ava didn't seem to mind that Marcus wanted to join movie night and before they got halfway through the film Amelia had already curled into Marcus' side and peacefully gone to sleep.