chapter 6

Previously:

Amelia's bonds with everyone in the volturi had started to weaken including his own, yet Amelia had family bonds tying her to each Cullen. this is what concerned Marcus deeply. if the bonds were there then would Amelia leave and not return to volterra reaching his hand to touch aro, Marcus allowed aro to see what he just did. " that does cause concern Marcus but only time shall tell.

what aro wasn't saying was that he truly thought it be best that the Cullen's keep Amelia until she is much older at least then she has a chance of a normal-ish life before being tied to Marcus for eternity.

With that the Cullens left the castle into the cloudy day of Volterra with Amelia on a shopping and breakfast trip. All Cullens went along except Carlisle and Esme who remained behind to discuss Amelia's leave. Emmett doted on young Amelia and carried her everywhere and was rather disgruntled when she insisted on feeding her self her breakfast adamant that she was a big girl. After a filling breakfast Rosalie and Emmett separated from the others with Amelia , who was happy and content being carried in Emmett's arms through each shop his wife dragged them into picking up items for the child left right and centre. Both Cullens were concerned on one hand they wanted Amelia but that didnt stop her being the daughter of the ruthless king Caius and Athenodora, well she was known for pretty much the same . On the second hand they knew that with her parents being who they were , they would forever be under the eyes of the volturi and that was never a good thing regardless of the circumstances. They only hoped that Carlisle would be able to sort an amicable agreement that works all around. After four shops Amelia fell asleep resting against Emmett's shoulder.

Meanwhile in Aro's office the Volturi kings and queens along with Carlisle and Esme started to begin the discussion around little Amelia. "As Amelia is my daughter I feel I should voice my opinion first . Whilst I am not happy in the slightest about Amelia leaving to stay with the Cullens for however the duration , I also do not wish for here to be unhappy so I will suggest 2 weeks at the maximum and not a minute longer" Caius provided . "No they are not having her more than a week Caius she is my daughter , I scared her I know but I can work on that . I will not have my baby turned against me by someone who denies their own species" Dora cried guiltily. "Marcus your her mate anything from you at all" Carlisle asked. " If Amelia is unhappy here then I would allow it to be that she could leave in the end she will return but I do fear how the bond may affect her being a long distance away" Marcus trailed off into thought. Out of nowhere Sulpicia slams her hand on the table "over my dead body will she be leaving to live with anybody else we are more than capable to provide her with what she needs and lets face it shes safer under our protection than she is yours" Sulpicia fumed slamming the door behind her on the way out. She would not hang around and listen to them talk about giving her niece up when they only recently got close. Aro watched as his dark haired wife left the room. " Much to my dismay and I am sorry brother but after seeing Amelia's thoughts I must say I truly believe that what is best for Amelia is to go and return at a suitable age where she can be turned , of course should a threat arrive or should she wish to return of her own free will then of course she will be welcomed with open arms but until then I say she deserves the chance she so wishes to have" Aro informed. He honestly believed this was a much more suitable option. Although if the Cullens record was anything to go by their little Amelia wouldn't be gone for long. As both Carlisle and Esme watched and listened intently to the conversation they could not deny that this little girl had changed the kings and made them more reasonable without them realising . After a long debate it was agreed with Carlisle that Aros option was logical and that Amelia would have the access to a phone call from one of them to keep the peace from both ends. It was also decided that the Cullen children should not bring Amelia back to say goodbye in fears of the lengths Sulpicia may go to keep her niece . With that the goodbyes were said and promises made . The three kings sat on their thrones knowing that they made the right choice but if it was the right choice why did they feel like a bad one .