three

(Three - Harry and the Devil)

    Nixie sat uncomfortably on the bleachers of the South Side High gym and chewed a piece of gum as her charcoal pencil rubbed against her sketch pad to create her latest piece of art.

    From afar Jughead watched as Nixie rubbed fiercely at her sketch pad. Turning to Toni who was joking around to the girl next to her he cleared his throat to gain her attention. "What's up with Nixie?"

    "I wouldn't mess with her if I were you." Toni said with her casual grin. Jughead wanted to know why he shouldn't mess with her.

    "Why?" Toni shot him a look and shook her head before standing and morning for him to follow, "Where are we going?"

     "Do you have to ask so many questions?"

     The two walked over to where Nixie was seated and took seat on either side of her. Nixie didn't look up from her sketch boor but when Toni opened her mouth to speak Nixie beat her to it.

    "Toni, Forsythe to what do I owe the pleasure?" She asked sarcastically and ripped a piece of paper out of her sketch pad and handed it to Toni.

    Toni examined the picture of her and Jughead sitting in the distance with frowns on their faces the sketch was amazing if Nixie hadn't drawn devil horns and a forked tail on Toni and gave Jughead a pair of circle glasses and a lightning bolt on his forehead to make him look like Harry Potter.

    Jughead took a look at the picture and let out a snort, "That's a true talent you have." Nixie nodded with a smug little grin.

   "Well when people stare at me for to long I draw them as the first thing that comes to mind. For example," Nixie pulled out a pictured that looked like Mister Phillips except his face looked like a donkey, "He tried to call out in me in class and stared at me for the answer so I drew him as an ass." Toni and Jughead broke out into fits of laughter.

    Hearing the loud laughter coming from the stands caught Sweet Pea's attention and he turned away from the basketball game with Fangs, Simon, and a few other students to see Toni, Jughead, and Nixie laughing and it made him made.

    "Bluue!" He hollered instantly making her laughing stop and turn her attention to him, "Watch this shot!"

    Fangs tossed him the ball and her lined up before brings the ball in line with his pose then he pushed the ball forward sending it straight in to the basket. His buddies slapped him on the back and laughed with him. He turned to where Nixie was seated to see her face unimpressed.

    "What? Was that suppose to be impressive, a three pointer?" Sweet Pea let out a loud scoff, "Don't take it personally Tights, but not I'm impressed."

    Fangs snickered and Sweet Pea launched an elbow in his ribs, "That was actually half court honey drop!" Nixie rolled her eyes and yelled out 'still not impressive'.

***

"Its no New York Times but that's okay." Toni asured Jughead as they walking into the dusty old writing room for the Red and Black.

"Yeah now all we need is a photographer with an amazing eye and hunger for social justice, and we'll be set." Jughead stated looking around the dusty old room, in an odd thought for the moment Jughead found himself wishing for one of Pop's burgers to subside the grumble of hunger in his stomach.

    "Toni is actually-"

    "Topaz, lets bounce." Sweet Pea interrupted as he entered the room he then looked over at Jughead, "Jones, wanna come with? We're going to the quarry."

    Jughead shook his head, "Uh, I don't have my beach bod yet." He used as an excuse. Sweet Pea's eye twitched and he took a small step closer to Jughead.

    "What? You'll ask for help from the Serpents but you don't won't hang with us?" Nixie looked at the small group if Serpents in the Red and Black room, her safe place. "Don't come crawling back to us, hat in hand, when some Ghoulie decides to earn his striped by taking out FP Jones' kid."

    Jughead let out a sigh and uncrowded his arms before sitting up straighter, "Duly noted. Thank you, Sweet Pea, I appreciate what you and the Serpents have don't for me and my dad. I do," Jughead shook his head lightly and continued, "but I'm done, no more favors coming your way."

    Sweet Pea went to walk in front of Jughead but Nixie stepped in the way and raised her voice, "Hey!" she poked her ring covered finger into his chest and pushed backwards until he moved, "No more Serpent business in this room, or so help me God Sweet Pea I will shove my foot so far up your a-"

     "Okay!" Toni lightly pushed Nixie to the side before pushing Sweet Pea towards the door, "Take the hint, Sweet Pea, he's just not that into you."

××

Hay hay hay, update! So this was one of my favorite episode of S2 (that's only cause of how hot Sweet Pea was when he got mad) and I was super excited to write it and I hope you guys enjoyed!

Next chapter will be posted tomorrow at some time!

Be sure to vote, comment, and follow because it means a lot to me!

xx Neverah