Day with the Girls

Mione's POV

Mione's POV

Today Papa was taking Simba out for awhile. While Zazu was giving Uncle Mufasa the report. So Sarafina and the three huntresses are taking Anita out. Showing her the territory and explain their hunting laws. So aunt Sarabi and her three sisters (Naanda, Dwala & Diku) are looking after Kula, Nala, Tama and I.

"When can we learn to hunt?" Tama asks.

"Soon you can come watch us hunt" Diku assures her.

"You're already learning" Naanda tells us.

"She's right, you playing together helps train you for hunting and future fights" Dwala states.

"Not that we'll have to fight, we're a big pride" Diku states.

"True, but it's good to be prepared" Aunt Sarabi remind her sisters.

"What are the three huntresses names?" Kula asks.

"Courtz,  Kerry and Luna" Naanda states. "They joined the pride shortly after your mother left" Naanda says looking at me. "They were weak teenagers then, just lost their pride to a fire" she explains.

"Mufasa and I accepted them into the pride. We took care of them and then taught them how to hunt & fight when they were healthy. Now they're one of our best hunting teams" Aunt Sarabi explains.

"One day, you four will be a fine hunting party" Dwala tells us.

"I vote Nala for leader" Kula states and I cheer with Tama.

"Why me?" she asks confused.

"You know the pride lands better then us" Tama states.

"You also always pin Simba in a fight" Kula says smirking.

"But Mione is smarter then me" she states.

"Have you seen my father?" I ask her. "There is more to leading a hunting party or pride. Then just being smart or strong. It's a combination of both, along with respect, honour, compassion and loyalty. You have all of that Nala" I tell her.

"Well said Mione" Aunt Sarabi praises me.

"The herd is on the move" Diku says looking at a dust cloud in the distance. I think that was where Papa told me the gorge was.

"Strange" Dwala says.

"I'm sure everything's fine" Aunt Sarabi assures us. We all then have nap and wake up at sunset. "We must return to the den" Aunt Sarabi states. As we're about to head back Sarafina appears running over to us. "What's wrong Sarafina?" Aunt Sarabi asks.

"Scar's called a meeting and no one's seen Mufasa since this morning" Sarafina states. We all head back to pride rock and I stay close to aunt Sarabi. Once there we all gather around to look up at my father.

"Today there was a stampede in the gorge" Scar tells us. "Simba and I were walking along it. I turn my back for a second and he disappeared. I heard him practicing his roars in the gorge and it startled the wildebeest herd. He ran while I went to get Mufasa as he was the closest. But in trying to save Simba, they both died" he explains. We all start to tear up as I snuggle into my aunt's front legs.

"Mufasa's death was a terrible tragedy; but to lose Simba, who had barely begun to live... For me it is a deep personal loss. So it is with a heavy heart that I assume the throne. Yet, out of the ashes of this tragedy, we shall rise to greet the dawning of a new era... in which lion and hyena come together, in a great and glorious future!" he declares. The hyenas appear laughing happily and crouch low scared.

"Mione, come forward" Scar calls.

"It's ok little one" Aunt Sarabi tells me. "The hyenas wouldn't dare hurt you" she assures me. So I step forward and make my way up to my father.

"This is my daughter and your princess, you will show her respect and protect her always. Zira is to be my queen and mate when she has matured" Papa announces.

"Why her papa?" I ask. "Why not one of the other lionesses? Or aunt Sarabi?" I ask confused.

"They are not worthy of being queens and your aunt can not be my mate" he states. "But Sarabi will be queen until Zira is pregnant with my cub" he announces for all to hear. Before picking me up and taking me into the den. We lay where Aunt Sarabi and Uncle Mufasa used to sleep. Aunt Sarabi joins us after papa stopped Zira from joining us.

"Will we and the pride be ok Papa?" I ask.

"We'll be fine Mione" he assures me. "Now sleep, you have much to do tomorrow and are to stay at my side. You may play with the cubs and see your aunt whenever you want. But stay away from the other lionesses and try not to cause any trouble. With Zira or the Hyenas" he tells me.

"Ok Papa, I love you" I say snuggling into his side.

"I love you too, my dearest daughter" he says licking my head. Before we both go to sleep with aunt Sarabi beside us. I dream of death and of the time I was nearly killed by a lone hyena.

A/N

Picture above of Sarabi and her three sisters. Picture in the chapter of Sarafina and the three huntresses.