Coco's Pride

Coco's POV

It's been five and half weeks since Becker and Connor took over the pride. Abby is pregnant with her and Connor's cubs. But Sara couldn't seem to become pregnant. As Becker was about to force mate with me. Nick returned and killed him.

That was six days ago and he allowed Connor to stay. After he swore loyalty to him (Nick) and because of his future cubs with Abby. I wanted to go find my daughter, but Nick refused to allow me to go. Saying he needed our best hunter to ensure the safety of Abby and her future cubs.

So Sara went in my place to the pride lands to find my daughter and return her to me. Connor helps me hunt when he's not with Abby. Nick patrols the territory and keeps us all safe. Abby looks like she's having more then one cub. As she is bigger then I was when I was pregnant with Mione. But not much bigger. So she is probably only having two cubs.

"She'll be fine Coco, you taught her well and Sara will protect her" Abby assures me as we sun bath. Connor and Nick are patrolling the territory together. Nick is finally trusts Connor, but not completely. He trusts he'd do anything for Abby and their cubs.

"I know, but a mother always worries for her cubs" I tell her. "You're due in fifty days, I hope Sara and Mione return soon" I add looking out across our home. Just then I notice Connor running towards us and I sit up. "What's wrong Connor?" I ask.

"Nick says Sara has returned and told me to inform you" he states.

"Did she have my cub?" I ask standing up.

"Don't know, Nick said to tell you and for us to wait here" he states shrugging and I glare at him. "Don't kill the messenger" he tells me and greets Abby. Just then I saw Sara and Nick returning with an antelope. I run over to them.

"Sara where's my daughter?" I demand not seeing or smelling my daughter.

"I could not reach her, this is Saline and she can explain why" Sara tells me gently before going to greet her sister. I turn to the antelope waiting for her to speak.

"Shortly after Mione, a lioness and two other cubs joined the pride. King Mufasa and Prince Simba died due to wildebeest stampede in the gorge. Scar took the throne and allowed the hyenas to take over the pride lands. They keep any foreign lion or lioness off the pride lands and kills them if they trespass. Mione is fine, Scar allows no harm to come to her and hardly allows her to leave his side. Sarabi is still queen until Scar's chosen mate is pregnant" she explains.

"Who did he choose?" I ask trying to remain calm.

"Zira" she says avoiding eye contact and I swipe my paw claws out at a near by tree.

"Of all lionesses, it has to be that manipulative bitch" I snarl.

"Mione stays away from her and Scar never leaves her alone with Zira. He knows that if given a chance Zira may hurt her. They dislike each other a lot" Saline assures me.

"Good and thank you for telling me this" I tell her and she leaves. "We have to go save my daughter" I say turning to Nick.

"No can do, there are hundreds of hyenas patrolling the pride lands. It's not safe, especially with Abby pregnant. I'm afraid Mione will have to fend for herself until the cubs are old enough to help save her. We can even over through Scar, but we can't do that without the lionesses on our side. But I know they'll side with us to get rid of the hyenas" he tells me.

"I can't just leave my daughter at the misery of Zira and those hyenas" I tell him.

"Scar would never let anyone hurt her, she's the only thing he cares about. We expand the pride and train hard. Train the cubs and then when they're teens, we go take the pride lands. Or at least help the pride get rid of the hyenas and Scar along with Zira" he explains.

"I don't like it, but I know you're right" I tell him sighing. He gives me a reassuring smile and we return to the others.

"Don't worry Coco, we'll get Mione back" Abby assures me. We all relax catching up before I went to hunt. Catching two wart hogs, one for Sara and the other for Abby. The rest of us will be good for an other two days. We then went down to our water hole for a drink then groomed each other to restrengthen our bond. Before returning to the den for the night.

A/N

Picture above of the green-lands.