Names and Kovu

Mione's POV

I wake up as the sun raises and look down at my sleeping cubs. I smile and lick their heads fondly. "Perfect aren't they?" Draco asks me and I nod my head in agreement. "What shall we name them?" he asks me.

"I was thinking Coco Jr after my mum for the female" I tell him as I nuzzle her.

"I love it" he tells me smiling. "What about Storm for our son? He is the colour of clouds before a storm" he explains.

"Perfect" I purr. I smell Kiara and smile. "Kiara come meet my cubs!" I call and she appears with a rogue male. Draco growls and stands protectively in front of the cubs & I. As I wrap around them tighter glaring at the rogue male.

"Whoa, relax this is Kovu.Dad said he could stay" Kiara explains.

"Why would my cousin allow an outsider to stay here?" I ask her.

"He saved me from the fire yesterday" she states.

"I don't like, stay away from my mate and cubs outsider" Draco snaps.

"Sure, come Kiara. It's time for your first lesson" Kovu states and leads her away.

"We must speak to my cousin about this at once" I announce. I stand grabbing Storm and Draco grabs Coco Jr. We head for the main den where we leave the cubs with Pali and her daughters. "Simba is it true Kovu saved Kiara and that's his staying here?" I ask him as we approached him.

"Yes, until I pass judgement. We'll see who he really is and when we do, I will decide if he stays or goes" he explains.

"Mione, about your territory and den" Nala starts.

"Yes, is it ok?" I ask her hopeful.

"No, it'll take awhile to restore itself. The den is intact, but there is no food for the herds" she explains.

"Damn it" Draco grumbles and I rub against him in reassurance.

"At least us, the cubs and our pride is ok. We're all together and that is what matters" I tell him.

"You're right, but I'm not leaving you or our cubs alone. Not until we know who Kovu really is" he tells me.

"I can live with that" I tell him smiling. Just then I hear our cubs mewing. "Duty calls, Simba come meet the cubs. You to Nala" I tell them. I head over back to Pali and her daughters. Tiifu and Zuri are trying to quiet the cubs.

"No need for that dears, they are hungry" Pali tells them chuckling.

"That's why I'm here" I announce laying down. Draco guided the cubs to a tit each and they begin to suckle happily. "Now this little man is Storm" I say licking his back.

"Then our little princess is Coco Jr" Draco adds.

"She'll be future queen" I explain and they smile.

"They're gorgeous" Nala states.

"Your mother would be proud Mione" Simba tells me and I smile.

"I sure hope so, Nala why didn't you tell me birth hurt so much?" I ask her whining.

"It's worth it" she giggles.

"True" I agree as I look at the cubs.

"I'm going on patrol, Draco you may remain. I know how much you want too" Simba announces.

"Thank you Simba, take Kopa with you" Draco instructs. Simba nods his head and leaves the den. Nala then leaves to lead the hunt, Pali follows. Leaving her cubs with us. Courtz appears with her sisters and I smile.

"Oh, we missed the deliverer" Kerry whines.

"Don't worry, raising them is the fun part" I tell her.

"They look just like  you both" Luna states in her usual dreamy voice. As the three of them lay down. Tiifu and Zuri begin to climb over Luna like she's a playground. But Luna doesn't mind.

"What are their names?" Courtz asks us.

"We have to go through this again for Kopa when he returns" I tell Draco. He just smiles and nuzzles me happily. Our cubs had finished eating and are sleeping beside each other.

"That ones Coco Jr" Tiifu states pointing to our daughter.

"The other is Storm" Zuri adds. They then go back to playing tag running around Luna.

"Perfect names for them" Courtz says nodding her head in approval.

"Yes, quiet lovely" Kerry agrees and Luna nods her head in agreement. We all relax until Pali returns with a water buffalo leg. The huntresses leave to eat at the carcass. The rest of us share the leg, including Tiifu and Zuri. Pali takes Tiifu and Zuri to the water hole as I relax. Draco lays on the other side of our cubs and we encircle them. Before taking an early afternoon nap together with our day old cubs.

A/N

Picture above of Coco Jr and Storm. Picture on the external link of young adult Kovu.