Down We Fall

A leaf was blown from its twig, and can now be seen gliding down unto its own path. The air guides it for a moment as it falls to my lap. The circumstances of things; at times it is easy, it may get cruel, disastrous, even funny, but the sure fact of it all is it can lead to a destination. A day like any other day, was yesterday, a Thursday. I was invited for a drive with a couple of friends now normally it is all fun and games, and maybe I just miss that.

I have three of 'The Most' entertaining buddies on this muddy puddle we call Earth.

The first one is 'Lien' (la-yen), his only driven purpose in life is to score with hot women, it will never matter to him whose life he will crash so long as he can get the girl. One time a friend of ours was dumped by this one girl, to whom he was incredibly in love with. My dear old pal invited the girl to watch a movie, in his home, at his room and to spend the night. When the girl said no, he suggested her condo, she obliged. Now at this point it should be the girl's fault right? Or his, for insinuating, anywho, they slept together then badabing! badaboom! They're dating, my other friend found out and blew his head off (temper). They had a fight and as impulsive as our other friend cut ties with him. He never minded, of course but, I just wished or rather warned him not to do these things. After all we are around thirty now, not really that young to start losing all of our friends and relative just to hump another chick he can easily get by leaving his only circle of trust. His many exploits include; stealing his cousin Rigo's girlfriend at a party, his cousin Ronnie's date to prom, his uncle Ignatius' date to their family reunion, his uncle Ignatius'other date on another reunion, his uncle Peter's third wife one evening after finishing a three loter bottle of Jack, our friend Monique from our best buddy Mike, Mike's other ex-girlfriend who got back with him but then made-out with Sebastian after a fight, a girl I dated in Highschool, a girl I dated in College, a girl Sweets was dating recently. At one time he was arrested for sleeping with a police officer's mistress, but of course there was no grounds so he was given a slap on the wrist after a day's worth inside. That time he had to jump from a three story balcony, unto a tree, unto the hood of a neighbor's car in his underwear without any of his clothes to avoid being caught. Lucky for him though, someone's wife is a costume designer and tossed his rags on a pile of would be costumes for a movie she was getting ready for. He, never got them back. After renewing all of his government IDs (for 'a robbery') he was on it again. I think I remember seeing him with a busted jaw one night, and still bragged about laying with the hot girl who 'runs the show at a horse's club' at a party that we went to the following night.

He never learned his lesson, he was always at it. Doesn't matter who won't speak to him anymore at a family reunion or a brunch, I mean! A day at the bar. Oh who am I kidding, I love to eat.

We have bro brunches.

Back to it, there was the time he had to pretend he was a gay salsa instructor and kissed he DJ just so he can keep his badonkadonk. That time he went skinny dipping and forgot where he placed his clothes and had walk home butt naked. He attended his mother's fortieth birthday celebration with hickey marks on his neck and wore a woman's lipstick after sticking it to her on a nearby closet, then gave a speech and told everyone that he was mauled by a jellyfish field (even though the resort only had swimming pools in them).

A few people look up to him as a legend, people like most of our guy friends and a bunch of teenagers in our neighborhood but, to us, he's a screwup. Getting off on the money he got from winning the lottey, he was living his life as a Bachelor.

My other bestfriend 'LenLen' is our registered good guy. Been with his girlfriend since possibly elementary, never dated anyone else. Although he did wanted to sneak into this one sorority once and told his girlfriend about it, she forgave him and it never happened again. They recently celebrated their a hundred and fifty-eighth month as a couple, went on to island hop after two days of cruising in the Caribbean. He got the money for selling his guitar set, and his motorcycle. He was the one who convinced me to build my own computer, and by me, I meant him. He was our voice of reason, he and I got Sebastian out of rehab after being trapped in there for scoring with the interning nurses that worked there. He thought they were doctors, of all people who worked at a medical supply distribution company he can't tell the difference between their uniforms, he said to me while pointing at Sebastian. He called him the dumbest imbecile on the face of the Earth. He was fed up with it all, he left even before he finished his first bottle of beer. Allen and I scolded Sebastian, he just drank it all away.

When I lost my job working for an information distribution company I decided to go back to college after a four year hiatus. Well that and because my grandmother passed, I felt so ill that time, I wanted to turn my life around. And here I am, still searching for a job after resigning from my last job five months ago. My other bestfriend 'Allen Arvie' have been berating me to try this one job that he worked at. Telling me I can do it, I should try it, what have I been waiting for but ending with a this very irritating excuse for a pep talk he calls advice. I worked for a school, teaching High-school students how to properly prepare for a job interview, of course there were passed on lectures. The lesson plan was given after a curriculum based program thatbthe school snd the other teachers developed for a course of seven years. I loved that job, loved it to my core but felt like I never deserved any of it because of what Allen kept telling me. Things like "really they allow non-teachers to teach?" Without wanting to hear what you know, he would belittle my passion for writing by telling me "you should apply for a back office, you love to write you say? Well you'll be writing a lot of emails in there."

He haven't even seen any of my writings, any of my work and already he is judging everything I do just because he had the better end of the stick. He worked for the department of education, sure he knows what he was dealing with, the rules and how we should treat our students. I mean it wasn't like I was beating them to death and all, I was only raising their dedication to learning by speaking in English as a second language. And he have never handled High-school students before, he handled grade three students. And when you ask him for help on how to catch their attention he will belittle you, by snapping his fingers and by telling you that you should follow all of his teachings.

But the worst one of all, the  thing he went overboard with was when he had a big fight with the gang. He blamed all of us, he poked around at being irresponsible men just because we all lived a different life over him. Sure Len wasn't livong the dream as an engineer but, he held hid own by managing his computer parts store and repair shop. He told us we don't understand how to handle our own and how to be responsible, he called Sebastian idiotic for sleeping around  and sure he had it coming but Sebastian never betrayed him before. Then he went on to tell me that my passion for writing was a joke, it was a lost cause. That I wouldn't make it in the world no matter how many poems I make, no matter how many stories I create.

Without reading any of it.