part 26

i felt like i was awake, because i could feel the soft bed from underneath me. it was warm. i also felt a hand on my wrist, and someone sobbing beside me. i could tell it was a boy, but i couldn't even remember or guess who it could be. i could also hear doctors coming in and out of doors, with machines beeping here and there.
i must've been in a coma. most likely a while. i tried everything to move, for the sake of waking up, i tried even slightly fidgeting, but it was no use.

my eyes suddenly fluttered open when i felt someones warm lips on mine, i didn't know who he was, and so my first instinct was to slap him, and i did so.
he backed away with a sad look on his face. slightly rubbing the red spot around his cheek

"who are y-you?"
i said pointing a shaky finger at him
"lyla, it's me, lucas, you're boyfriend"
he stayed completely calm
"i have a boyfriend??"
i questioned
"yes, and i'm right here"
i just stayed silent and nodded my head, all i remember was getting a major pain in my head back when i was in my coma. i must've hit my head on something badly.
i still didn't know who to trust, and i only knew what my name was, being as the boy standing by me, just said someone's name as lyla, i guess that was me.

---------

time seemed to pass, and soon enough i was out of the hospital. i was walking just fine, and i regained all of my personal strength, but without any memory, of anyone, whatsoever. i barely trusted the guy claimed as lucas, we seemed to be very distant, almost like he didn't exist to me anymore.
i got a ding from my phone so i looked at it, and realized it was from someone labeled as

'mom'

mom
come back to the hotel, how are you feeling, are you with lucas?

lyla
i guess your my mom because that's what it says, anyway i lost all my memory, and me and the boy claimed as lucas have been very distant, i'll walk back, i'll be fine.
[delivered]

i walked back to the hotel in silence, my head was pounding and my eyes began to water, i didn't want to cry, but i had too, i had so many questions going through my brain like,

why can't i remember anything?
why is lucas so distant?
why did this have to happen to me?

tears streamed down my cheeks as i walked through the snowy city, it was almost night, and i looked up, lights were beginning to turn on, and all i wanted to do was rest. i kept crying, but as i saw the hotel, i dried my eyes slightly and walked in, not wanting to make my mom
upset since i was upset as well.
i looked around in the lobby to find my mom sitting in a armrest, watching me. she got up and walked over to me, engulfing me in a hug, which i hesitated, but hugged back, realizing who she was.
we went up to the room in silence, and in which i passed out on my bed, as i drifted off to sleep, the last thing i ever thought about.

was lucas

authors note //
book is ending soon, this has been a fun ride, and i will be writing more books, so stay updated on those.