part 27

lylas pov
i don't think lucas and i will ever be the same, he keeps acting different when i text him, he always says that he's busy, and he never even acknowledges my existence.
i decided it was time to ask, what was wrong, and why he was acting like this.

messages with lucas 💔
lyla
lucas we need to talk.

lucas
yes?

lyla
what's up with you? you seem different, um i'm sorry i hit you back at the hospital, and i'm sorry i couldn't remember anything, but it's not my fault, i wish i could remember what we used to be like, but the us we are right now, i don't like, i don't want to be in a relationship where we don't acknowledge each other. or let alone text each other. i think maybe we should take a break?

lucas
lyla, i dont know what has gotten into me. i feel like a jerk, and i am sorry we haven't been on good terms. i just don't know if we will ever be the same, i miss the old us, and i wish you could understand, but you don't remember. let's take a break, maybe chat in a few weeks?

lyla
sounds good, and just because i don't remember doesn't mean i don't love you. goodbye, lucas.

lucas
i guess, goodbye.

lucas pov
i just said goodbye, and i think i broke my own heart. i let a tear slip from my eye, as i laid back onto my couch, looking at the vase on the table. i couldn't take it, lyla got me those flowers, so i took my hand and grabbed them, throwing it on the ground, everything shattered and the flowers laid, on the ground, as i fell into a fit of sobs. i couldn't take the pain, all i wanted was to apologize and say that i love her, but i couldn't, as she didn't want that, i guess this was for her own good?

yet, was it for mine?

lyla pov
currently i am crying on my bed while re reading the messages between lucas and i, he doesn't understand how much he means to me, and how much this tore my heart apart. i love that boy, and he has gotten under my skin, but lately after the incident i have been different and so has he. but i guess it was for his own good.

yet, was it for mine?

authors note //
hey guys, kinda sad, book will be ending soon, i love every single one of you, thank you for the reads and votes