Seven

Everyone in the room was still staring at me, I looked around, lost.

I glanced down and found myself, indeed wearing pants.

Thank God.

My eyes landed on the burnout in front of me.

"What?" I snapped I didn't mean to. The look everyone was giving me was bothering me.

"Dude, you're hot!!" He sounded like he couldn't believe it.

He was an idiot, I turned to the girl to my right. She was nodding before I even fully turned to her.

I looked around the room again.

Now everyone was nodding at me. Even Miss Conner's agreeing.

The hell is wrong with everyone today?

Just then the door blows open and a dark-haired boy walked in, with his head down.

"Can I help you?" Miss Conner tore her attention from me to the boy. She tried to sound nice, but it fell a little flat.

Something about the boy's build and profile screamed familiarity. 

He lifted his head, looked directly at me and winked.

No.

No!

No, not him. 

"Yes, my name is Rico Suave-"

Light, sexy Latin music, began playing as he spoke. 

"What is that?" Who plays lively Latin music in a math classroom?

Oh, I know who...

My eyes went right to Satan, as Miss Conner's head whipped around.

"Addison, that's rude! He is a student."

"Please don't assume my gender," Satan asked, more like stated, in complete seriousness.

I hate this guy.

While Miss Conner stumbled over herself to find the correct pronoun to call Satan, he turned to face the class.

"I just moved here, from the deep South. I'm a military brat, so I'm not originally from there. Anyway, I'll probably only be here for a few weeks." He rocked back and forth on his feet and clapped his hands, to let everyone know he was done.

For some reason, the burnout kid in front of me got up and moved to a different seat.

Why?

I stared at the kid's back, watching him go as if he betrayed me, I mean, he did.

Moments later there was a sharp bump to the front of my desk. Rico struggled to get in his, he was making quite the scene.

I looked up to Miss Conner her face was absolutely priceless. She was so lost, she just sat down at her desk. She didn't even attempt to gain control of the class. Kids were starting to speak, first a few whispers, soon a full-blown room full of chattering.

After a few moments, Miss Conner regained composure and class moved on.

That didn't mean Satan made is easy for me to pay attention. He would ask me a hundred questions to the point I would get confused. He sang, hummed, tapped his pen on his desk and mine. No one but me paid any attention to how disruptive he was they were all completely oblivious.

When the bell rang, I could not move fast enough away. I was all but sprinting to my next class.

When I walked in, there was only one seat remaining.

It was next to Satan.

How? I was the first one out if my last class, how am I the last one to this one?

He pestered me all through this class, too.

The one after that one, too.

Lunch, as well.

By the end of the day, I was ready to drop out and move to Alaska.

He was in every single one of my classes making sure I wasn't getting any kind of education today. I huffed my way through the parking lot. I was glaring at the ground trying to hide my face. 

I looked up when I thought I was to Lucy's car.

The spot was empty.

....

I threw my head back and screamed all my frustrations out. Dropping my bag to the ground, I threw my arms into the air. I didn't care, that my entire school was now staring at me.

They've been doing it all day.

Boys even asked me out.

I have a two working theory, they are all insane.

Or, I'm hallucinating because I've had a mental break down after the breakup.

The latter seemed more likely.

Get a grip! I mentally slapped myself. I collected myself and my belongings, held my head up high.

Resigned to walk home definitely wasn't going to Lucy's now.

I was almost to the exit of the parking lot when a loud, red car pulled up. They revved their engine. When I looked over they rolled down the passenger window.

Satan, Rico, Cole, whatever he called himself today, leaned over from the driver seat.

"Want a ride home? He sounded and looked genuine enough. I really didn't want to walk all the way home.

I let out a sigh of defeat and climbed into his car.

He drove like a madman, I wish I had three seat belts. I had the feeling he has never driven a car before. I'll give him some leeway, maybe, it's been a few...decades.

We were at my house much faster than we should've been. I had my door open before the car was fully stopped. I wanted to stop and kiss my yard as I ran through it.

My hand was on the doorknob when I heard the car engine shit off.

That had to be the neighbor's car.

I heard some gravel crunch under someone's foot.

Oh God, please no.

"Watch it." I heard him say.

I wanted to cry, I looked in the driveway, hoping against all hope.

Those hopes were dashed, rather quickly, as I saw both my parents cars in the driveway.

Satan's hand clapped on to my shoulder, as his other hand guided mine into opening the door.

"Come on, it's time, I meet your folks." He stated all nonchalant, and walked into my home, leaving me on the doorstep.

Sorry, it's late! I tried to get it on time, and then on my own deadline, and well life had other plans for me 😂

But it's here! Yay!