Fourteen

His shed was really a house! I was floored. After a few moments of just standing in the doorway, catching flies. I got over my shock and decided I shouldn't really be all that surprised.
He's a very strange individual.

Well, he is Satan.

My brain silenced itself, it was too busy taking in the breathtaking detail of the foyer and the room attached. The intricate design in the molding on the walls was absolutely stunning. I couldn't imagine the amount of time that went into making them.

"I bet my house could fit in here" I didn't try to hide my amazement.

With a small smile, he moved to the double archway directly in front of me. Once again the detail in the design was flawless.

"My mother spent a long time, maybe even, her whole life, decorating this house." He spoke as I joined him. I noticed the grand staircase to my left, spiraling out of few.

"The parlor was always her favorite." He said softly, I wasn't entirely sure he said it to me.

"I can see why." I gingerly stepped into the parlor.

The cream puff color walls trimmed with a rich chocolate. The curtains were a shade darker than the walls. They were open showing that even the windows had an elegance to it.

There is one particular breath-taking, painting, place to my left, it matched the one in Cole's "office". This one was in much better condition.

All artwork was framed to match the splash of pale greens and...Pink?!

"I heard that." I threw a halfhearted glare his way. He shrugged at me and stuck his hands in his pockets.

"My mom likes flowers. Pink ones." He muttered, dejected.

He wasn't kidding, either. Aside from the gorgeously crafted furniture, that I didn't know the names of, there were flowers everywhere. As prints, in a vase, as painting, throw pillows you name it.

The Holy Grail was the flower lamps. I truly tried hard to hide my giggle.

I didn't.

"I've tried to get rid of these grandma couches." He abruptly says to no one.

I feel like at any moment, he's going to lay on one of these "grandma couches"-that I find gorgeous- and I will be asking him "how that makes him feel" a hundred times. While I doodle away on a yellow legal pad.

He shot me a dirty look. Well, that's what you get. Serves him right.

"I just worry my mother will return and kick my ass." He chuckled at his own, slightly confusing to others, joke. 

The air in the room turned slightly awkward. To save face, I went back to admiring the room.

I sat in the one green and cream printed armchair. I stared at the legs of the matching ottoman in front of me.

His mother really put a lot of effort into this house. It all coordinated and it was starting to make my head hurt. What was once beautiful, is now becoming overwhelming.

"Would you like to go to my version of a parlor?" As if on cue, I almost tripped I got up so fast.

"Yes, please." My toe hit the corner of the ottoman. Pain seared up to my ankle.

"Oh shit." Slipped out of my mouth, as I struggled to regain my balance. I somehow managed to not fall flat on my face.

"I'm good, lead the way." His shoulder shook with silent laughter, as he led me up the stairs.