Prologue

Audrey gasped when she saw the one man she hoped never to see again sitting in her living room.  

“What are you doing here?  How did you get in?" She asked, keeping her distance. 

"I see you're not happy to see me, Audrey." the man responded, not bothering to answer her questions.  

"What do you want?" Audrey asked nervously. 

"I have a job for you."

"I don't do that kind of work anymore- you know that, Frank.  I got out of that a long time ago." 

"Audrey..." Frank said slowly as he got up and started walking to the young girl. "...you know that in this business, there's only one door...and once you decide to walk through that door, there's no way to walk out."

"I told you Frank- I'm out.  I don't do that anymore.  I don't have a need for it...so you can walk back from where you came from.  I'm not interested." 

"Well I have a need for you." Frank said standing face to face with Audrey. 

"Why me?  I'm sure you have so many other options besides me."

"You're the best...you were always a natural at this game..." Frank said as he grazed the back of his hand down Audrey's cheek, down her chest and rested it on her hips.  "... seducing a man is second nature to you."

"I'm not interested." Audrey repeated as she pushed Frank's hand away and tried to walk away.  Frank stopped her and pinned her against the wall.

Audrey's fast breathing was the only sound that could be heard in the silent room.

"Why make this more difficult than it has to be?"

"I told you I was not going to work for you anymore after...." but the young girl couldn't finish the sentence. 

"You have as much blood on your hands as anybody, Audrey." Frank said calmly. 

"It wasn't my fault and you know it!" She yelled.

"Shhh....there's no need to yell."

"I'm not going to do whatever it is you want me to do. I won't do it." 

Frank smiled.  "That's what you think, but you're going to do it because if you don't, your little sister will be the one that will pay for your defiance."

"You leave Grace out of this.  She has nothing to do with you or this business!" Audrey yelled again. 

"Now you listen carefully.  You are going to do exactly what you are told if you care about your sister.  Don't fuck with me, Audrey, because you know what I am capable of doing." 

Audrey turned away.

"You were always my favorite, you know." Frank said as she kissed her cheek. "Despite your little mistake, you were always the best." 

"Leave me alone!" Audrey said as she tried to get away, but Frank's grip was firm and her attempt to get loose failed. 

"Audrey...you know this is more pleasurable for both of us if you don't struggle." Frank said as he began sliding his hand up Audrey's skirt.  Audrey closed her eyes as a tear fell down her cheek. She stood there, frozen, and tried to think herself somewhere else, as she'd done so many times before. 

Suddenly, Frank's hand stopped and he let out a cruel laugh.  He walked back to where he was sitting and picked up an envelope.  Audrey didn't move. Frank took out a photograph from the envelope and looked at it.  

"This is a big fish, Audrey." He said as he threw the picture on a table near her.  Audrey walked towards the picture to take a better look.  She picked up the picture and her eyes grew wide. 

"Are you kidding? How do you expect me to even get close to him?"

"You know how this works.  We'll get you in.  Your job is to get the information we need out of him."

"What can he possibly have to do with you?" 

Frank chuckled.  "He has something of mine.  That little bastard stole it years ago…and I need you to get it back.”

Audrey’s face showed confusion, which made Frank laugh even more.

“Did you think that act he pulls on the tele about being all wholesome is true?” Frank asked.

It wasn’t as if Audrey lived under a rock and didn’t keep up with the Beatles…and although she knew they must play to the media, she never expected John Lennon to have any type of ties with the likes of Frank.

“And here I thought that innocence you first came to me with was all but gone…” Frank continued.

"Why don't you do it?" Audrey asked coldly as she set the photo down.  

"Has it been that long that you've already forgotten how this works?  I pay you to do the work...but if you prefer, I can get involved and do it my way....that, of course, will mean you'll have his blood on your hands too..."

"No!" Audrey said, knowing very well what Frank's way entailed. There was no need for someone else to die.

"Good girl." Frank said as he headed towards the door. "I'll have Michael contact you tomorrow to give you the details. Don't fuck this up if you want him to live." He said as he walked out and the door shut behind him.  

Audrey could feel her heart pounding as the room grew silent.  Tears started falling down her cheeks.  She had thought this life was behind her, but it had found her again...he had found her.  She sighed and wiped the tears from her face as she picked up the photo and looked at it for a few seconds.

"What could John Lennon have possibly stolen from Frank that he wants to recover so desperately? What could he have that Frank would come find me after all these years?"  She said to herself as she set the picture back on the table.