JenBum

"Can you open your eyes?" Jennie shrugged, looking up was Jaebum who had knocked into her causing all her books to fell onto the hard ground.
"I am sorry." Jaebum apologised repeatedly and giving a helping hand to Jennie who was picking up her books profusely. Jennie ignored his apology and started picking up her books and walked away.
"I'm really sorry, do you want a free lunch to compensate for this?" Jaebum asked.
Jennie's eyes lit up upon hearing the word, "food".
"Yes, I do." Jennie nodded her head.
Jaebum smiled at how quickly she went from being angry to cute at the thought of food.
"Isn't it lunch now? Let's go." Jaebum asked.
Jennie followed closely behind him not wanting to get lost in the crowd.
-
Jaebum and Jennie had been friends since middle school, heading to each other house after school was such a norm. However, ever since high school started they stopped hanging out so frequently due to the amount of workload they receive on a daily basis, that was why they drifted.
-
"So how's school?" Jaebum asked casually.
"I don't get a lot of stuff! Like mathematics and literature, it is confusing but thank god for Jisoo Unni or I won't be passing them. I heard you are the top student in the cohort right?" Jennie replied.
"Yeah I am, if you ever need help don't hesitate to call me, I will teach you." he suggested.
Jennie nodded while gobbling down her mouth-watering meal treated by Jaebum.
"Want to come to my house after school, it's been long and my parents are asking what happened to you." Jaebum asked.
"If you are willing to teach me Mathematics" Jennie and Jaebum laughed.
-
"Your house hasn't changed much, your room too. Oh by the way where's your parents?" Jennie asked curiously.
"Should be home by now, it's 6pm already. I think they will be back soon, today's a Friday perhaps out?" Jaebum said while looking at his watch.
"But anyways let's get work done first, alright?" Jaebum offered help to Jennie who quickly took out her work from her bag.
"So do you understand now? I've explained it several times as clearly as I can. I think my parent's home now." Jaebum felt frustrated but still wanted to teach Jennie.
"Er... I think I'm a hopeless case. I still don't get why must you change the signs?" Jennie said causing laughter between both of them.
Although frustrated, Jaebum was more than gladly to teach Jennie his favourite subject.
"Oh hi, Jennie! You are here, I was asking Jaebum about you yesterday!" Jaebum's mom gave Jennie a tight hug. Jaebum's mom had packed dinner but didn't know Jennie was here so she ended up sharing with Jaebum. They talked over dinner, reminiscing the past laughing at their middle school pictures.
"I am afraid it's time to go home, it's late." Jennie checked her phone only to see several texts from her mother.
"Let me send you home." Jaebum suggested.
"You can drive?" Jennie gasped as if it was illegal.
"Yes I can, want to test my driving skills?" Jaebum asked with confidence. Jennie laughed along and nodded while walking to his parent's car and sat inside comfortably.
It was a cooling night, breezy, Jennie soon found herself dozing off and suddenly laid on Jaebum's shoulder. He felt a cold shiver down his spine, he didn't want to wake her up and just continue driving.
-
"Oh my, what happened last night? How did I reached home?" Jennie thought to herself.
"You are awake finally! I thought you went missing, luckily Jaebum carried you in." Jennie's mom lectured her.
"Jaebum?" Jennie feeling confused.
Jennie's mom nodded and asked her to head out for breakfast.
-
"Hey! Wait for me!" a gentle voice came from behind.
"Yeah, Jennie?" Jaebum responded cooly.
"Er, I just wanna say thank you for sending me home." nervously Jennie said.
"You are welcome, so how's your sleep?" Jaebum giggled.
"Great, quick we are late for class!" Jennie ran forward.
Following her was Jaebum who was running as quickly as he could muster.
"Can you help me? I don't know what he is saying?" Jennie asked Jaebum in the most pleasing tone.
"Yes, it is talking about the author using mood and tone." Jaebum answered.
"Jennie! Is he the guy you told us last time?" Jisoo laughed with Lisa and Rose beside her.
Jennie glared at them sternly, "Shut up, go now Unni before I slap you!"
They walked away laughing and teasing Jennie.
"Sorry my friends are being such a idiot, I apologise." Jennie apologised.
"Nah it's okay. Let's go home now."
-
Jaebum's POV:
What is it that she told her friends? She is so cute when she's angry though. I miss our times together gosh. Do I like her or is it just a friendship? I am so confused! Maybe I should ask her right?
-
Jennie's POV:
OMG, I am going to kill Kim Jisoo! How can she expose me like this infront of Jaebum! What if Jaebum knows about it, he cannot know about it! I like him since the day I met him but he never knew about it, the way he looks at me just makes my heart melts but I know he will never like me. I guess it will always remain this way.

- chat -
Jaebum: I have something to ask you, can you meet me tonight at the park near your house?
Jennie: Okay.
-
"What is it that he wants to ask me?" Jennie thought to herself feeling puzzled, it couldn't be about studies obviously, what could it be?
"Oh he just texted me, 8pm at Han River. Okay, it's 6pm now I shall go for dinner before strolling there." She muttered.
-
Jennie was strolling towards Han River when someone tapped her shoulder.
"Hi." a familiar voice said.
She turned her back and faced him.
"Oh hi Jaebum." restlessly said Jennie.
Both walked along the path and started talking.
"Anyways, what is it that you want to ask me?" Jennie asked curiously.
"Oh I want to ask what Jisoo said the other day. You know she said something like "the guy you told us". What was that supposed to mean?" He asked awaiting for an answer.
There was a moment of silence, Jennie was on pins and needles, panicking more than the day she sat for her Math exam.
"Jennie? Are you there?" He said.
"Ah, yes"
"Erm, I was just telling them about you, you know we were friends for so long and they thought we were more than friends." She said confidently.
"I thought we could have been more than friends." He murmured incoherently but Jennie had heard it already.
"We could?" She raised an eyebrow.
"I don't know if I actually like you but it seems like it, this days I've been thinking of you more than ever. In the past I always think of you as my soulmate, my sister never really think of you in this way. During the times that we drifted I realised how much you were that important to me and how much I miss you." He said without stopping.
"I was lying, I actually told them my feelings for you. I've liked you ever since the day we met but I knew you wouldn't like me for I am not smart, pretty enough however as long as I am with you, seeing you happy that is all needed." She beamed with a wide grin pasted on her face shyly.
"I like you, Kim Jennie."
"I like you, Im Jaebum."
Both voices immerse as one but both burst out laughing. They hugged each other tightly and let go when they needed to breathe.
They talked and walked along the streets of Hongdae from Han River until it was time to send Jennie home. Without them realising, they have reached Jennie's home.
"So we are an item now?" Jennie asked shyly.
"Yes." He smiled before planting a kiss on her cheeks which made her blush even harder.