Jinji

"You know I always wondered why didn't we got together despite going through so much." Jisoo said on the phone.
"Do you believe in parallel universe?" Jinyoung asked.
"Yes." Jisoo answered.
"Perhaps on the parallel universe we are together, happily." Jinyoung smiled.
"I envy them." Jisoo looked up at the beautiful night view.

Flashback

"I hate people who does not put in effort in their studies and yet still looks down on people who studied hard." Jisoo said out loud.
"I just don't want to. If I were to study, you will be out of my league." said Jinyoung proudly.
"Whatever. Let's see in our next exam then." Jisoo smirked.
"Let's make a bet." Jinyoung suggested.
Jisoo nodded.
"If I beat you, you will have to cut bangs. If you beat me, you can do anything to me." Jinyoung said.
"Okay no problem, for sure I will win." Jisoo laughed.

Jinyoung, the notorious naughty and richest boy in the school, studies for the first ever in his entire highschool life and made friends with the school belle Jisoo.

Jinyoung studied very hard for the test and the mock test he scored 75% a drastic increase from his previous test which he scored 40%.
Jisoo just smiled at him, she was the one who motivated him to study and helped him study with them staying back in school for night study and many consultations.

Then, the results came out. Everyone crowded around the results broad, Jisoo stood at the very front trying to find her name. She emerged as the top scorer while Jinyoung was #5. She turned around and smirked at Jinyoung and Jinyoung immediately knew he lost.
"I want you to shave your head." Jisoo requested.
"Okay fine." Jinyoung sighed.

The very next day, Jinyoung came to school bald. His friends and him sat on the bench watching people playing basketball and more.
Suddenly, someone caught their eye, it was Jisoo. She had bangs overnight, everyone was starstruck as if Jisoo was a celebrity.
"How did she know I like girls with bangs?" Jackson, Jinyoung friend said.
"Do you think maybe she likes me?" asked Mark.
"Don't be naive, she likes me." said Yugyeom.
"Why did she cut her hair even though she won the bet?" Jinyoung pondered.

Soon, the college entrance exam was near. Everyone was preparing for it, staying in the library till the wee hours, not sleeping for days. Everyone was prepared to enter the most prestigious university. Jisoo and Jinyoung studied together daily from dawn to night.

The exams were finally over, Jisoo and Jinyoung can now finally relax. They took time off with their friends and head to Jeju Island and relax at the beach.
"What university do you want to get into?" asked one of Jisoo's friend, Jennie.
"Seoul University." Jisoo said.
"Any will do." Jinyoung said.
"Next month we will know our results and soon we will become adults." Jisoo said.

"Hello?"
"Jisoo are you okay?"
There was sounds of sobbing on the phone call when Jisoo called him.
"Can.. you.. come over now?"
"Okay."

Jinyoung ran out of the house and sprinted as fast as he could to get to Jisoo's house.
There was simply no one at home except Jisoo.
When Jisoo saw Jinyoung, she ran up to hug him.
"What happened?" Jinyoung asked in concern while wiping her tears off her eyes.
"I didn't do as well as I expected. There goes my dream to Seoul University." Jisoo cried.
"How bad could you have done? I am sure we can get into the same University." Jinyoung smiled at her warmly.
"I got 60 points. What about you?" Jisoo looked up.
"Er I got 78." Jinyoung said trembling.
"Who knew that I would done so badly, a person who has always topped the school ended up getting worst than a student who is always at the near bottom of the list." Jisoo stopped crying and calmed herself down.
"Perhaps we can still meet isn't it?" Jinyoung said.
Jisoo sighed.

They spent their holidays going to Jeju Island. The Maze Walk, going to the beach, flying lanterns, anything you named it they did it.

"I have an answer now." Jisoo came to a halt and looked into Jinyoung's eyes.
They both stayed silent for a good minute.
"No." Jinyoung said.
"Don't say it. Just let me like you forever like this." Jinyoung continued.
Jisoo was disappointed the entire day but respected his decision, maybe fate would do its job.

Somewhere during the school year, they had a huge fight.
"Why did you want do this? It is only going to get you injured!" Jisoo yelled.
"Why wouldn't I?" Jinyoung retorted.
"Childish." Jisoo commanded.
"Yes I am childish so I like you, a model student but we never got together after all!" Jinyoung shouted in the rain.
"So you regret liking me?" Jisoo's eyes turned teary.
"Yes!" Jinyoung bellowed.
"Okay fine." Jisoo walked away in the rain crying.

-

"Are you okay? I heard there's earthquake on going in your area." Jinyoung asked over the phone.
"Yeah I am." Jisoo said.
"It's been a year. How are you doing?" Jinyoung inquired.
"Same old thing." Jisoo laughed.
"You know I always wondered why didn't we got together despite going through so much." Jisoo said on the phone.
"Do you believe in parallel universe?" Jinyoung asked.
"Yes." Jisoo answered.
"Perhaps on the parallel universe we are together, happily." Jinyoung smiled.
"I envy them." Jisoo looked up at the beautiful night view.

-
Author's note:
It's been long since I wrote so don't mind me! This chapter is inspired by "The Apple of My Eye" It's truly a good movie that touched me! Although they can't be together, they are happy for each other :-)

THANK YOU FOR THE 1K reads! I really appreciate it because when I first started out I didn't know I would even hit 500 and when I did, I was already elated now I am on cloud nine 🧚🏻‍♀️