Chapter 57

Ticci Toby's POV
Jack finished removing my chains and just in time. As soon as the last chain was unlocked, Painter and LJ began to enter the room but luckily Jack managed to rush to [Name]'s side to hide suspicion. I remain still to give the allusion that I was still caught in chains. Watching them with hatred in my eyes as they chuckle together, making their way over to the weak [Name] and deceiving Jack.

Readers POV
"Well well, look at you. You look like a worn out rag. Not enough energy in you to last the fun.."
LJ frowns, tapping his long claw like fingers again his sharp fangs. The two exchange glances before turning to face EJ. LJ had an evil grin though Painters expression was undetermined due to the mask.
"Jack, do us a favour. Go an get a shot of adrenaline. Would you"
Painter asks with a sweet and innocent tone, like a mother talking to her daughter. It was so fake it made me sick.
Jacks head turns towards me but he sighs, nodding and walking towards the door, shooting a glance in Toby's direction before leaving the room.
"So. LJ and I have been talking about what games we should play with you. And we decided on two. But we can't come to a decision on which to do. So. We're gonna let you choose."
Painter chuckles as he pulls out two objects from his pocket. One was a card with a face on it and the other was a card with a hand on it.
"Here's a fun game for you to start it off to help choose. Would You Rather. SO. Would you rather.. That LJ bites you to death, OR that LJ slices you?"
I glare at them through my fallen hair strands as my eyes blink blankly. Giving the eye of disapproval. I had gained enough energy to talk, but that was it. If I were to escape, I wouldn't get far at all.
"I pick C. None of the above."
Painter laughs in a sarcastic tone, folding his arms. Clearly not amused by my answer. Though LJ grinds his teeth, snarling with irritation. LJ opens his mouth to speak but EJ returns into the room, holding a syringe.
As he walks over, Toby must have whispered something as Jack turns his glance towards him, shaking his head. This way painter and LJ would be fooled as they watched him come in. But what they didn't see, when Jack shook his head, I moved my gaze to his hands and so did Toby. He scrunched in his fingers and gave a Thumbs up. To say all was still going ahead to escape.

"Okay then Jack. Do your thing"
Painter chuckles, gesturing his arms out towards me. I frown at his movements. Come on, think something. Anything to freak you out. You little fucker.
Sadly neither of them thought anything. But that didn't mean I couldn't pretend, just to waste time to allow Toby to move.
"I suggest you have soup. Warms my heart."
I snigger at them, watching as their bodies flinch. Painter takes an extra step towards me, grabbing my chain, forcing my head up to look at him, blocking Jacks path to get to me to inject me.
"What did you say?-"
"I said. Have. Some. Soup."
I say slowly and clearly, as if to spell it out for him. Spitting a little when pronouncing the P.
"I don't understand?"
He questions. Though I do not answer. Instead, I shoot a glance over to Toby, to which he notices and begins to slowly tiptoe out of his spot. Jack notices and begins to cause a distraction from LJ to make sure he doesn't turn around.
Though I realised that he didn't have a weapon, to which he also realised. However, he used what he could get and picked up a shard of broken class that was for some reason laying around.
He begins to creep his way towards LJ's back but before he reaches him, Painter speaks.
"Well well we'll. looks who's free from his chains."
I was shocked. He remained facing me, still holding my chin so how the hell did he know that Toby was free?!
Shoving my head back, he turns to face Toby and so does LJ. The fact they both focused on Toby, gave EJ the chance to quietly try and remove my chains.