Chapter 3

Damn.
Rory's POV

Did I die and somehow end up in heaven? 

was the first thought that came to mind as I entered the high school gym.

There were girls everywhere, In high ponytails, braids. But most importantly there were asses... in shorts... that were bouncing up and down...and well you get the idea *wink *wink. What? I'm a guy, sue me.

I was was in pure bliss, surrounded by athletic girls. Well, except for that one girl with blonde hair in the corner trying to touch her toes and seemed to be mumbling something about Beyoncé. Anyways key word was trying ...she really only touched her knees. Well I guess not everyone was gifted in the athletic department. There was something so captivating about her, she seemed so alive and happy. It was probably just my hornymones talking. 

"Lay low Rory junior" I scolded looking down at my pants.

My eyes wandered back to the girls practicing their game plan. Mostly on the lower part of their body if ya know what I mean *eyebrow wiggle*

I could definitely get used to this.

My lurking was put to a stop when the referee blew his whistle and his face seemed red with anger. All the scorekeepers were called the to the table. I was handed a paper with like a million gazillion boxes and symbols and then I remembered I knew squat about volleyball.

So I just kept copying the scorer next to me. 

(One thing you should know about me: Im basically an expert copier. I had grown into a master during my many years in school. How else do you think I got into college?)

The girl next to me must have caught on though, because she started to glare at me. god she was such a tight ass. I charmingly winked at her and her irritated face melted into a blushing, giggling school girl.

Yes I know I'm gifted. She was actually pretty cute, too bad I preferred big asses, not tight asses.

Time flew by pretty fast watching the game. I still didn't give a flying shit about volleyball, but when it involved girls it was a whole different story.

That one girl with the luscious blonde hair was also pretty entertaining. I took back what I said about her being unathletic, she was practically flying and leaping all over the court. But she probably didn't understand that the point of volleyball was to try and get the ball. Not to dodge it.

**************

It had been a few hours since the game had started and I was growing pretty bored. The butts that had been constantly jiggling had once been exciting. now it was all irrelevant. After all, butts are just butts.

WHATS WRONG WITH ME DID I JUST SAY THAT?

The only thing that seemed to keep me awake was that one girl. The more I stared at her the more I wondered how could her hair look that soft? How can she look so happy? Who let her play on this team? And why do those grinning old people on the bleachers have her face on their sweaters? My curiosity kept growing.

The games were almost over, and I could finally go home soon. Should I ask for her number?

My mind was spiraling, why was I thinking about this so much why did I care, why was I nervous?

Before I could ask another question my eyes focused on the white ball that was hurdling straight into the girl's face. There was a large SMACK and my eyes widened into saucers. That had to hurt.

"Code 153, I repeat code 153,
scorer #3, please attend player." The referee buzzed into the microphone with a sly grin. It almost seemed like he was happy to see her get hit?

Oh shit...I'm scorer #3, was I supposed to know what the hell code 153 meant? Was I required to know first aid and shit?

Everyone's eyes seemed to be on me and the old couple on the bleachers looked so shocked and gazed at me expectantly. What should I say 'oh yea I actually don't know anything about volleyball or scorekeeping, I just came for the shorts?'

Yeaaa... No

I speed walked my way to the middle of the court and stared at the girl. Hew jersey number was 16!

 OH. My. GOD! My birthday was is July, and July is the 7th month!

It should be clear to you now.... 16, or 1+6 is 7! It was destiny, wasn't it? It was a sign from Jesus that we were meant to be together!

I looked back into her eyes, god they were so blue. Not like the ocean, but like the sky. Her hair curled in ringlets and reminded me of fluffy clouds, and the bridge of her nose was powdered with freckle.

 God, she was so beautiful, in a natural way. She seemed to shine...even while teetering on the edge of unconsciousness.

Damn.

Then I realized I must've seemed like a creep staring dazedly at the unconscious girl. I carried her away in my arms bridal style trying not to gush. She seemed so fragile, like a china doll.

Her fragrance wafted into my nose, and wow... I felt on top of the world.

As I carried her out her long eyelashes slowly started to drop down until her eyes were closed. Oh shit! Wasn't it bad for them to fall asleep? What if she never woke up?

So I did the only plausible thing.

I started to slap her.

Hey kids,

 I felt sooo uncomfortable writing this. Lol, idk if this is how guys actually are but for the story's sake...it will do

I hope y'all aren't dead because of the cringe content but....yeaaa

Anyways remember to vote and comment😋

UGH heres a pic of tom welling btw ;)