Chapter 6

Ava's POV

Imagine how surprised I was when hot guy barged into my room. I had thought he had just left me to escape myself, like a lil dipshit.

But then he told me everything he had to do to come here. I MEAN HE PRETENDED TO BE PART OF THE BOARD OF NURSES, and they're not a joke.

And then he had to say, "I did it for you," like boi, did he want me to melt into a puddle? Ughh he was just so...yum.

"Ummm hello?" He said, I jerked out of my thoughts.

"Oh yea, sorry what did you say?"

"I was wondering...since I came and all, if I could finally have your name?" He asked, so charmingly may I add that my throat closed up.

Shit, what was my name again? His dark curls of hair brushed against his forehead, I just wanted to reach out and feel them in my hands..... or maybe cut a few strands and tape them onto a Barbie doll. His eyes were so green, like newly sprouting grass, and thick, dark eyelashes surrounded them.

"Ohh ummm...uhhh...oh yea Ava." I mentally patted myself on the back, nice work.

"Wow that's a beautiful name," he whispered, his eyes gazed so deeply into mine and I felt lost. The white walls of my room disappeared and the only thing left standing was him.

Wow Ava, you're sounding like a wattpad girl. Get a grip.

I coughed "anyhoooo...so how do we escape?"

"Oh um yea...well scary nurse isn't outside anymore so I think we could just walk out." He shrugged.

"What! We can't just take the easy way out. What fun is there in that? Life would be so bland if we just," i imitated a dude voice, "walked right out."

He laughed, "so what do you suggest, also what was the point of me being trash bags?"

"Oh my god, I still can't believe you actually got those, I was just kidding about that" I laughed, "but if you anyways got them, I guess we could just wear them, it's more fun that way."

His mouth dropped open, "what! I had to roll into the kitchen to get those. You know you really are something else." He said as he threw me a trash bag.

I poked two holes into the black bag and put it over my head. I could see hot guy looking at me, almost like he was at war with himself, before he just seemed to say fuck it and put the bag over his body.

"Okay, now what. If we're not taking the door, how do we get out?" He asked.

I raised my eyebrows at him in a way that said really?
I darted my eyes to the rope that was hanging outside the window, waiting for it to hit him.

He looked at me puzzled, and then like a light bulb switched on he said "ohhh, wait, oh hell no, I am not climbing out on that death trap. We're like three stories high! Why cant we just take the door?" He pleaded.

"Because doors are for losers, and I didn't expect a tough looking dude like you to be afraid of a little height," I laughed. I had learned through my many years of having a brother that they do not like being insulted. "I mean you could take the door but I'm going through the window."

He walked over to the window and looked down. His trash bag making little swishes every time they were rubbed together. I could visually see him take a little gulp and I literally swooned for a whole minute, it was too cute. Like a little forest animal I thought.

"Okay I'll do it, but you have to agree to go on a date with me afterwards, we'll that is if I don't die." he said

Awww my legs turned to jelly, "definitely" I said, maybe a little too enthusiastically.

I made my way to the window and tugged the makeshift rope. "I'll go first" I said.

"Are you sure, I could go if first of you wanted," he offered. But I knew he reallllly did not want that, he was just trying to make himself seem like he had a little bit of guts.

"Nah it's fine" I grabbed onto the rope and stepped out of the window with a huge smile. This was so exhilarating, I started scaling down the building. It wasn't too dangerous because each story had a ledge so if I fell I would just land a few feet below. I looked out into my surroundings, I could see the tops of the small trees, like a green covering. Then beyond into the highway.

I was almost fully down, so I looked up. "You feeling alright?" I shouted above to hot guy. He seemed a little nervous, his face seemed damp and red.

"Yea-yea I'm f-fine, should I start once you reach the bottom?" He stuttered.

I felt a splash of guilt hit me, I was practically peer pressuring him. "You know if you're feeling scared you don't have to do it." I yelled back at him as I reached the ground.

"N-no it's fine" he slowly made his way out of the room and onto the rope. I could visibly see his hands shaking and I felt so bad. I had gone too far, what if he hurt himself? "Is this a bad time to say that I'm afraid of heights?" He called.

Shit, what had I done. I gazed up at him, his hands tightly held onto the rope and his eyes were squeezed shut. What if he got seriously hurt because of me I wondered?

What should I do? I decided to distract him from his surroundings.

"ummm YOUR BUTT LOOKS REALLY NICE FROM DOWN HERE!" I yelled up.

Shit did I just say that. Ugh sometimes my mouth had a brain of its own.

Well I couldn't really say I was lying.

"Umm thanks?"

He was almost down, just one more story left. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Don't look down, and follow your heart." I tried to remember as many cheesy inspirational quotes I could remember. My mother had them everywhere, sowed into her pillows, printed on mugs, and hung on posters on the wall.

When he finally landed onto the ground I ran up to him and threw my arms around him. "God I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have made you do that, you could've died hot guy, I'm so sorry." I exclaimed.

"No, I'm glad I did it, it was kinda fun, minus the part where I thought I would pee my pants." He whispered. "Now for that date."