Chapter 4

At This Moment
Rory's POV

I didn't know if what I was doing was considered illegal...but whatever.

I was currently driving jersey number 16 to the hospital. I mean I could have been some crazy serial killer...they should really increase the security check for volleyball scorers. I mean, what if some perverted dude just walked in and pretended to be a scorekeeper?.....oh wait....that was me.

Anyhoo....my car currently smelled like her. If stores could bottle up this scent and sell it, I would buy every single one. She smelled so good. Wait, why was I smelling her? I'm such a creep.

And what was her name? This was the first time I actually wanted to find out a girl's name. Never in my 19 years of life outside my mother's womb had I made the effort. God....did I accidentally take one of my moms estrogen pill? I was acting like such a romantic wuss. I made a mental note to run over a mailbox later....

I finally arrived at the hospital and carried her inside, greatly appreciating her soft ringlets of hair that brushed against my arms, her innocent and angelic face, and the dusting of freckles. 

I grabbed a random wheel chair from the side wall and gently placed her inside. As I strolled away I heard a crash and then an old lady scold her husband. 

"You're so forgetful Larry I leave you for one minute and you lose your wheelchair, my life ended when I married you!"

Whoopsie daisy.

I arrive at the front desk and quickly tell the nurse what happened.
"Oh yes I just received a call from the high school about this. We know the protocol, you may leave now," she replied.

A small part of me-- no a large part felt sorrow. I would never see this girl again or even find out who she was. Maybe I could just stay until she turned better.

Yea that's a good idea.
*****

Ava's POV

I woke up in a lumpy mattress, the sun shining straight into my face through the blinds, and 4 worried faces staring back at me.

"Ahhhh!" I screamed startled, where was I? Everything was blurry and all the faces in front of me conglomerated into one multicolored beas.

"Bitch I told you she ain't dead."

"Dudes need to chillax bruh."

"I think we need to bitch slap her a few times."

"Okay everyone shut up! She's awake!"

Voices swirled around me.

"Guys what just happened?" I groggily asked.

"Vell dude, you got punched in da head by a volleyball." Answered Rajesh.

huh?

Everyone seemed to lose interest in my injury, and started to walk away.

"Wait where are you guys going?" I yelled.

"Well we came came cause we thought you were dying so yea... and we thought we'd leave you with hottie." Liz whispered back. Well what she thought was a whisper...she always sucked at telling secrets.

"Hey designated boyfriend right here! I will punch anyone who you think is hot!" Yelled Cameron to Liz.

"Awww I love you sweetie but you and I both know that's not possible. I'm gonna have to step in for you when you piss your pants," Liz replied