PART II

PART II

We travelled to Hyrule Field in the Central Hyrule region. There remained a lot of Guardians and I had asked the help of the people to their dismantlement. Other than the four divine beasts, I took the decision to have them taken apart. Though the events of the past made them Ganon's slaves, it was a reminder of large and painful scars yet to be healed for all of us. I believed it was for the best of everyone and for the good of the kingdom's future.

Link was taking a break. People wouldn't let him have a moment of peace. He was popular with no surprise; even more with womankind, which stung my heart most of the time. He was the hero of Hyrule after all.

I saw him having a playful moment with some children, playing knights with them. The scene lit me in admiration for him. He was a good man, but I had no doubt at all that he would make a wonderful father someday.

I held the Sheikah slate in my hands and captured the wonderful moment. Link appeared to be so happy. My fingers cherished his face on the screen as I blushed seeing his childish smile to the younglings. I felt a small burden of jealousy in me. I wished I could made him smile as such. But his heart became once again a fortress. And I seemed to be the enemy.

Why was I guilty? Why was he so carefree to others but not to me?

I let those unanswered thoughts for another time and joined Link and the children.

"Is it okay if I play with you?" I asked cheerfully the group.

"Hey, it's the princess!" a young boy said amazed. "You really wanna play with us?" I nodded.

"But if that's okay with you," I said, "I would like to be the hero. You can be my brave companions." I pointed an adorable girl who made me think of a child version of me. "You will be the princess, and Link can be the evil Ganon."

I could see he was surprised by that. I sent him a mischievous smile while the children agreed to my plan. He smiled back awkwardly. It was the first smile I've gotten from him that felt innocent in a very long time. Perhaps he started to re-open to me once more. I hoped so. But for now, I anticipated a good fun vanquishing the calamity Link with the children.

To be continued in part III...