EPILOGUE 02: ENDINGS AND BEGINNINGS

PART VII: EPILOGUE 2
ENDINGS AND BEGINNINGS

The grand day, alas! I felt these past three years had gone by within the blink of an eye.

Four years since peace's return to Hyrule. A lot of work had been made and accomplished to re-establish the kingdom to its former glory. And now that all had been done, I had been left in awe to see how our world was greater than the one we had a century ago. Seeing our people more united than ever seemed like a heavenly dream; except it wasn't. It was reality. Our reality.

Castle Town had been restored to an even larger area. It had quickly became a beacon to the hyrulean economy. Trades flourished across the lands and between the different tribes. The city's energy had been beaming with optimism and strength since its reestablishment.

Hyrule was great, strong, proud... and beautiful! And with those tasks finally at their conclusions, one remained; the most crucial and important one of all.

Without taking my sealed years in account, today marked my 21st anniversary; the year of my coronation. Today was the day I would take my rightful place in the kingdom as Queen of Hyrule.

But also... on this same day, it was the day of our wedding.

...

"So..." my words came out timidly as I turned to them. "How do I look?"

Paya and Lady Impa had a sense of divine wonder in their eyes. It was as if the goddess Hylia herself stood in her holy grandeur in front of them. Lady Impa smiled at me like the utmost accomplishment of her long life has been met. As for Paya, tears of happiness were shed as she saw how seemingly beautiful I was wearing her alluring work of fashion.

"See for yourself, Princess." Lady Impa told me directing me to the tall mirror behind her.

I walked towards the tall glass. The shock took me aback. Was that really me? I barely recognized the person in front of me. Paya had been enthusiastic and very adamant on preparing me for the day of my wedding. I now understood the reason.

While everyone else had been enthusiastic with passion on the preparations in Castle Town and at the Sacred Grounds, she had personally fashioned my gown from a single thread to the speechless work of art it had become.

A sleeveless dress on which silent princesses had been embroidered from the skirt's foot swirling all the way up to the bust as they circled the hyrulean royal crest finely sewed. My hair was sumptuously long and mildly curly. The earrings shaped as well as the royal symbol shined warmly. The same was noticeable on the golden knitting embellishing my bridal gloves.

My eyes shined brighter as water beads started forming. Paya looked at me worried. Before she could wonder about my coming tears, I held her tightly in my arms. Pouring for countless days and nights all of her efforts in this gift for me; they had led to this. There was just no way I could ever live long enough to be able to thank her for all of this.

"I take it you like it?" Paya asked as her arms held me in return. I nodded my head that rested on her shoulder. How could I not like it? I loved it!

"Paya," we wiped both of our tears. "How could I not love this wonderful craft of yours? You've done so much for me! I could live for all eternity, I wouldn't never be able to return a gift as such to you."

"Zelda," she said happily, wiping another tear. "Your reaction alone was more than enough."

Paya. Ever since my return from the battle against the calamity, she has been more than good to me. And as these few years went on, this generous and beautiful woman had become someone I could proudly call family. Blood or not, she was my sister.