EPILOGUE 01

PART VI: EPILOGUE 01

I could feel the morning sun shining its light upon us, but the warmth that cradled me in his arms was by far better. My dreamy thoughts relived those memories now sacred to Link and I. The vow we made, the kiss we shared, the night spent together in each other's arms; this was our paradise. I thanked the goddesses to have brought us together.

A soft contact landed on my nose. I tried to wiggle it off, but it kept on dancing annoyingly. I laughed to the ticklish feeling.

"Stop it!" I giggled. "That tickles, Link!"

I opened my eyes. Here he was. In his sleepy allure, he looked lovely and otherworldly, like an angel. He moved closer and kissed me softly. I savored his lips for long seconds. Never would I stop enjoying the sweet pleasure of kissing him.

"Good morning to you too," I told him tiredly. "Ready to continue our work in Hyrule field?"

Link hummed with disappointment in his voice as he pulled my body to his. Seeing how tightly he held me, he didn't want to go. Truth be told, I desired nothing but spending the rest of the day resting here at his side. Alas, the hero and princess of Hyrule had duties and responsibilities to fulfill to the people.

"Well it's about time!" The voice of an elder woman interrupted us.

Link and I immediately got up as fast as lightning seeing Lady Impa blessing the door frame of my room. Embarrassment was an understatement regarding the emotion dressing our faces.

"L-Lady Impa!" I stuttered! "T-This isn't what it looks like! We just-"

She laughed in a humming voice. "I know you, child. I know you wise enough to not share such passion before a proper wedding. A honeymoon is well-timed for such actions."

A bright image burned my mind like the marking made by hot iron. I saw Link laying in a bed of silk white sheets, which a part of it barely covered his... privacy. My face heated out of raw desire; quite inappropriate for a princess. I looked at Link, and I could tell my obscene fantasies matched his. He quickly looked apologetic when I eyed him threateningly for his naughty thoughts. But... perhaps I didn't completely mind it.

"I am glad," Lady Impa continued, "that I've lived long enough to see the two of you find each other in this path called love. After all the hardships that you have been through, along with your efforts of bringing back the lost glory of Hyrule, you truly deserve each other. May it be that way for as long as you live."

Those words of hers couldn't have sounded better if they were from someone else. Her unwavering wisdom and strength that inspired me so much. Goddesses know what would have happened to me if she hadn't been present in my life.

I walked to her and thanked her for always being there for us by hugging her frail body. Thank you so much, Lady Impa.

Another beautiful day awaited us as Link and I stepped outside Lady Impa's home. The sun shined beautifully and the people around us were busy and bustling as ever. At the end of the stairs, Cado and Dorian saluted us as my hero delicately held my hand, leaving the guards taken aback from our affection. As we walked around town, everyone took notice of our newfound love, but their happiness for us was very palpable. We kept blushing at every compliment thrown at us; we enjoyed all of them.

Link asked me to lend him the Sheikah slate. I was puzzled on why he needed it, but I did as asked. As he stretched the device in front of us, he held me closer to him as we smiled.

Click!

A beautiful moment of us in love captured forever. And definitely not the last.

"It's beautiful," I said. He nodded in agreement.

Our gazes crossed. Staring at him left me breathless. Free of the burden that plagued him, Link was a reborn man. I had heard once that love could move mountains; I understood its meaning now.

Link whispered my name... following three sacred words.

Those words made my heart explode with more affection than I could already have for him. I held his beautiful face in my hand and captured his lips with mine, kissing him and pouring all my love in it. Parting from it a short moment after, I replied to his sacred words, vowing myself to never leave his side and to always love him, just as he did when he said his.

"I love you too, Link."

To be concluded in EPILOGUE 02: ENDINGS & BEGINNINGS...