Chapter 2

Chapter 2

  The 4 friends talked for the rest of the night. Weather it was a serious talk about one's life, or just something stupid. Alex wouldn't say much, he would mostly just listen to the others conversations and add a comment or 2 randomly. He kept catching John staring at him though, but he ignored it. They talked until the sun had set. John and Hercules had to leave. "Before we leave, Alex, let's swap numbers! I'll add you to our group chat." Herc said giving Alex his phone. He quickly swapped information with them and handed their phone back to them. John and Herc left and shut the door on their way out.They're dorm was right across the hall. Lafayette flopped onto his bed. Alex went to where he set his backpack and started to empty what little things he had. "Mon ami, where is the rest of your stuff?" Laf questioned, lifting his head up, looking at Alex. Alex froze in his tracks, his heart began to pound in his chest. "U-umm... this is all I have.." Alex said in a soft voice. Lafayette's signature smile faded for the first time that day. Alex ignored him and set his overly-used laptop on the desk in the corner. He remembered when he had first got it... well, he kinda stole it from somebody's trash can. "Are you hungry Alex? It's nearly 9." Laf asked getting up from his bed. Alex shook his head. He had never eaten much or anything at all. In fact, he couldn't remember the last time he had eaten. Alex sat on his bed, about to read a book when his phone went off. He heard Lafayette's phone go off as well. He grabbed his phone from his desk and read it;

You have been added to 'The Squad' group chat.

  Alex smiled, he heard rustling from the kitchen, he guessed Lafayette was making something to eat. Alex's phone went off again.
BrahhBrahh- Hey Alex! This is our group chat!

  Alex laughed to himself at Herc's nickname on his phone.

HamSandwich-- "The Squad"?

TurtleBoi-- Don't question the name, u will regret it

HamSandwich-- Who changed my name??

FrenchFri-- Guilty!

  Alex set his phone down and sighed. He pulled out a worn down book from his backpack. He had read it over a million times, but it was something. He opened the book, but a thought came to his mind, a question that he struggled to answer. Why did John keep looking at him? Alex admitted to himself, John was awfully cute and nice, but Alex knew that relationships only lead to trouble. Lafayette came back into the room with a bowl of mac and cheese, he sat on the couch with it, and turned on the T.V. "Are you sure you're not hungry, mon ami?" Laf asked before taking another bite of his food. Alex shook his head once again. Alex did realize that he was much shorter, and thinner than his new friends, he just hoped no one else would notice that. Alex opened up his laptop and began to write. After what felt like 5 minutes to Alex, but was really 2 hours, Lafayette was concerned. "Mon ami, it's getting late, you should take a break. You've been working on that for 2 hours." Laf said with worry laced in his voice. Alex did nothing and kept typing at a fast rate. Lafayette walked up to Alex and tapped his shoulder. Alex flinched up at the sudden contact. "Sorry, you should get some sleep Alex, I wanted you to meet some of my other friends! And Herc is coming over for breakfast tomorrow." Laf said to Alex with his smile that Alex knew well, but this smile seemed to have a bit of worry. Alex didn't say anything and closed his laptop. Laf's smile brightened, Laf changed in the bathroom and layed in bed. Alex was left to stare at the ceiling and think to himself. The same question as earlier appeared in his mind once again. Why did John keep staring at him like that? Did John think that he was weird? Did John know who Alex was from his book in the Caribbean? "Hey Laf?" Alex whispered, still staring up at the ceiling. "Yes?" Laf responded with a soft and tired voice. "Did you notice that John kept staring at me today?" Alex asked him, still staring at the ceiling in deep thought. Lafayette grinned at this question and turned to look at Hamilton. "Eh, I did notice. Why do you ask, you thinking of him?" Laf said raising an eyebrow at him. Alex felt his face flush and his neck felt hot. Why was he blushing? "Yeah, but don't think anything of it, he's cute, but he was staring at me a lot. I was just wondering why.." Alex said as he rolled over, his back facing Laf now. "Hah, Goodnight mon ami..." Laf says closing his eyes, a smile still on his face. "Goodnight Laf."