Chapter 8

John's P.O.V.
(Trigger warning)

  I look at Alex, who's cuddling up against me. I smile. How did I get out with someone so perfect? I hear a knock at the door. Alex whines as I get up to answer it. Once I open the door, I'm greeted with a slam on the face. I fall from the impact.

"You faggot! Look at you! Cuddling and kissing another man! You've bedded another man! I can't bear to call you my son!"

He kicks me, knocking the wind out of me, and stomps over to Alex. He lifts him up by his throat, choking him. I scream at him to stop, but a force holds me back for some reason. I watch Alex's face go pale, and him go limp in the hands of my father...

No...
Not my father...
A monster...

******************************************

  I wake up in a cold sweat, gasping for air. I sit straight up in my bed, and put a hand over my chest, I turn next to me. I see Alex laying beside me, sleeping peacefully. I let out a breath of relief and try to control my breathing and shaking.

"Just... a dream..." I say to myself, while balling myself up in the corner of the bed.

  It felt so.. real though... there's a heaviness in my chest and a lump in my throat. I feel warm tears spill down my cheeks. I try to take deep breaths, but it turns into a sob, I quickly clamp my hand over my mouth.

"J-John? What's going on...?" Lex asks me, rubbing his eyes before looking at me. His eyes go wide and I look down, my hand still over my mouth. I shut my eyes right, causing more tears to run down my face. I feel the weight on the bed shift from under me.

"Shh... Jacky.. it's okay.. it was just a dream.." Alex hushes me, calming me a little bit. I feel him tug on my legs, so I wasn't balled up in the corner. He sits on my lap, and hugs me tightly. I stay still... his face goes pale and he goes limp...

I hold onto Alex as tight as I can, terrified to let go of him. I sob into his shoulder.

"Shhh.. I'm here.. I'll protect you... I'm here.." he whispers in my ear, soothing me. I finally take in a deep breath.

"Good job Jacky.." he praises, now rubbing my back. I take another deep breath and rest my chin on his shoulder. My shaking had stopped and only a few tears slip down my cheeks. Alex releases me and looks up at me, wiping the remainder of tears away. I smile slightly at him, and lean into his touch.

"What happened?" He asks me softly.

"J-just a bad dr-dream..." I tell him, looking away for a split second.

A comfortable silence fills the air. Us just enjoying the warmth of each other and each other's presence. I notice him still looking at me, and turn towards him. He smiles, and his face darkens.

"I love your freckles." He states with a giggle. I feel my cheeks heat up and roll my eyes.

"They're stupid." I reply plainly back. He gasps dramatically.

"You take that back! They're beautiful and adorable!" He exclaims, pretending to be offended. I laugh at his behavior. He laughs to.
Both of us laugh for awhile, until we both lock eyes. We stare into each other's eyes for awhile.

"Your smile is way better than your frown.. but you still look beautiful with both." He whispers to me, making my face turn more red. I place my hands on his waist and smile slightly, still looking into his deep brown eyes.

"I could stare into your eyes all day." I tell him.

"I could kiss you all day." He replies, his face a bright pink.