Chapter 9

Hercules' P.O.V.

"We have to find them!" I shout, pacing around the room of the Schuyler sisters. We had gone there to check if Laf was here, and to see if they would help.

"Hercules, I cannot believe you!" Angie screams back. Eliza tries to pull her back on the couch, but she's too strong. Peggy is almost in tears in the recliner, holding her knees to her chest.

"これは私のせいではない!!!" (This is not my fault is what that means)I scream back at her, before clamping my hand over my mouth. My eyes goin wide. The room falls silent.

"Since when can you speak Japanese??" John asks me shocked.

"That doesn't matter!" I scream, feeling my face heat up from anger and embarrassment.

"Alright alright. Let's all check their favorite places and hope to god we find Lafayette." Eliza says worried, biting her nails. We all split up.

Alex and Eliza are checking the dorms again and a restaurant. Angie and Peggy are calling people while going to the library. John is checking in their French class to see if he went to French club or the bar. I'm checking the park.

I'm such an idiot... I'm so worried... why do they love someone like me..? I run to the park in a sprint. People giving me weird looks as I run. I get to the old park. No one ever comes here to be honest. Lafayette loves it because it's quiet and peaceful.  I look around the park quickly. Seeing if there was any sign of them. I look at the swings the slide the garden.
Nothing...

I sigh, wanting to give up. I look towards a sodden bench, and see someone with curly hair in a perfect bun. They had earbuds in and was shaking because of the cold morning breeze. It looks like it's about to rain. I walk over to the figure. They're mumbling under their breath in French...

"Laffy..?" I question, tapping on their shoulder. Laf snaps their head back and flinch when they see that. They look back down, and mumble again. I sit down next to them and they face away.

"What do you want Hercules..?" They ask finally.

"Did you think I wouldn't come looking for you? I've been so worried." I reply.

They stay silent.

"I-I... I'm sorry.." I say, and they look over at me, with a confused look.

"I shouldn't have been so protective over you and got into you're information. I just want you to know you're special to me. I want you to be safe and feel comfortable." I finish, glancing into their gorgeous brown eyes. They look back down.

"I got a message from my mother... saying my grandmother had... passed away..." they tell me.

I stay silent, shocked.

"The box was a message from my grandmother and some belongs she wanted me to have." I says, as I see tears run down his face. I scoot closer to him.

"Laffy... how long have you known?" I ask, wiping his tears. I caress his face in my hands. He puts his hand over mine as another tear runs down his face. I know how important and close they were to their grandmother.

"About a month or so.." They reply softly.

"Lafayette... you should have told me..."

They stay silent as tears run down their cheeks.

"I'm sorry we fought.." they apologize, holding back a sob. 

"Laffy.. it's okay. It was my fault." I tell them, grabbing their hand. They lean their head on me and cuddle into me. I lay my head on theirs.