; eight

P E T E R

        Ever since Zoee ran out of Peter's house the night they started working on their project, Peter hasn't seen the teenage girl since

        Ever since Zoee ran out of Peter's house the night they started working on their project, Peter hasn't seen the teenage girl since. It's been a week now and Peter can't help but beat himself up over the fact that Zoee ran out on him. He thinks it's his fault that she did so but when he hasn't seen her in school or on the bus, he knew something was wrong and that it probably wasn't his fault since he technically didn't do anything. So Peter decided to investigate.

        Since he knew what building she lives in, he went and decided to knock on every door of each apartment. There are six apartments in total so he got to work, starting with the one on the last floor which is number six. He worked his way down and asked for Zoee at each door but no one knew who she was. He finally got to the first apartment on the first floor and when he was about to knock, the door flew open. He was met with a woman with brown, neck length hair and matching eyes. To Peter, her eyes looked really familiar and when he realized where he has seen those eyes before, hope grew inside of him.

        "Uh, hi." Peter smiled sheepishly at the woman. "Do you, by any chance, know Zoee Atkins?"

        "Yes, yes I do, why?" He could see a smile tugging her lips.

        "Well, I'm Peter Parker and I'm Zoee's chemistry project partner. She hasn't been in school and I was just wondering where she was so that we can finish our project." Peter explained.

        The woman nodded and finally smiled at him. "I'm Laura, Zoee's mom. Zoee is unfortunately in the hospital for depression which is why she hasn't been in school. I'm heading over there now for visiting hours."

        Peter frowned as he then knew where Zoee is. At least he understood why she ran out and knew that it wasn't his fault. But then he smiled once again when he got an idea.

        "Is it okay if I can go visit her today?" Peter asked hopefully. Laura pursed her lips as she looked at him. Peter bit his bottom lip nervously.

        "Why?"

        Peter started to stutter and stumble over his words when he started to speak to answer her question. How was he going to tell her that he is infatuated with her daughter and that wants to see her because he is extremely worried about her? Peter took a deep breath in and said, "I just want to talk to her about our project? Yeah, our project."

        Peter could tell that Laura was getting a bit suspicious, especially when he seemed uncertain about why he wanted to go visit her. Under Zoee's mother's intense gaze, he rubbed the back f his neck nervously. Laura then narrowed her eyes at him as uncomfortable silence settled between them. She then opened her mouth to speak.

        "Okay." She finally said.

        "Okay?" Peter repeated, making sure that he heard her right.