; twenty-one

Z O E E

        Zoee grunts and wiggles against the rope and roof railing, trying to break free but to no use. The Lizard tied her tight so she won't escape and as Zoee kept struggling, he hurt her by slashing at her face to stop her movements. Zoee knows he's going to use her for Peter to surrender because of the slip up in the elevator. She can't stop cursing herself out mentally for being so stupid and hinting that she knows the masked vigilante. Now she might die because of it, or worse; the whole city might be destroyed. She just hopes that when Peter arrives and he's left to choose between her or her the city, he will choose to save the thousands of civilians. 

        Thinking of the devil, Zoee can here the thwip! of the spider-web. She looks up and watches Peter swing himself up towards the satellite where the Lizard is at. They both fall from the high satellite and crash down into the electrical plant of the Oscorp tower, sparks of electricity flying. Zoee closes her eyes and looks away so that the sparks won't fall into her eyes. 

        The Atkins girl resumes trying to escape, wanting to desperately help as she watches the monster fling Peter off the building. The cuts and scrapes on her face burn as the salty tears flow into them. Her mouth opens to scream for her best friend but she stops herself, not wanting her presence to be known. Luckily, Peter comes back up only for the Lizard to throw a large cylinder at him. Zoee can't see what Peter is doing but she watches as the lizard-man creature recoil back, webs covering his face. 

        More thwips! fill the silent rooftop along with Peter's grunts and the Lizard's growls. A crash grabs her attention and she sees another big tube explode against a pillar, ice forming on the metal. Zoee guesses it's liquid nitrogen, based on its reaction. Peter shoots another web, Zoee hoping it is to reach for something to throw at the monster. But the Parker boy fails, getting caught by the Lizard.

        His scaly tail wraps around Peter's throat, choking him as he uses his large hands to grip at his wrists and destroy his web-shooters. Peter's mask gets ripped off while he grunts in pain and at not being able to breathe properly. Zoee gasps softly at his face full of cuts and bruises. His skin is even covered in blood, the red liquid trickling down his face.

        "Poor, Peter Parker." The monster snarls. "No mother. No father. No uncle. All alone."

        Suddenly, Zoee heard the sound of a gun cocking, following with, "He's not alone!"

        Zoee turns to see Captain Stacy, holding up his gun. The Lizard roars at him before Gwen's dad shoots at a tank nearby. A blue gas fills the air while a metal tube gets detached from the tank. Peter takes the opportunity to grab it and aim it at the monster, his scaly skin hardening and turning blue as it starts to get frozen. Peter then aims it at his tail, making it let go of his neck, dropping Peter on the floor. 

        Peter scrambles up, grabbing the tube again and aiming it at the tail once again, the tail freezing and breaking apart while Captain Stacy shoots at the enormous creature.

       "Detonation starting in T-minus forty-five seconds." A female robotic voice says as the Lizard falls down into a hole in the roof containing more metal containers. That's all that the rooftop has, according to Zoee. She watches the whole thing in horror, not wanting anything more than to escape while she can.

        Zoee watches as at each gunshot at the Lizard broke apart his frozen arm. Hope starts to grow in her chest, her mind convincing her that it is going to be okay. But the next few actions say otherwise. 

        Peter starts to swing and climb up the satellite with a tube that George Stacy gave him. While he does that, Gwen's father continues shooting until the giant lizard monster climbs out, his hand fully grown again. He uses his hand to knock the gun out of the Stacy man's hands before violently pulling his hand back and pushing his long, sharp claws into George's stomach, impaling him.