; nineteen

P E T E R

        Entering the immense wedding venue, Peter sighs and bites his lip as his eyes scan every table and every chair from left to right to find Zoee Atkins' familiar, yet beautiful, face

        When he first landed outside the building where the afterparty is being held, he took a while to straighten his tie and fix the ends of his suit that wouldn't stay down because of the wind that blew it around while he was swinging. He fixed his attire and his hair, looking at his reflection in a parked car's window underneath a streetlight. He sighed in relief as he noticed he didn't have any bruises or cuts on his face anymore, all thanks to his super healing. Once inside, he had trouble with a bouncer who wouldn't let him in because of the crumpled invitation Peter handed him. He "apparently" had trouble reading the paper and didn't believe that he was Zoee's guest since he didn't see him walk in with the Atkins girl. 

        It was until he noticed Laura Atkins from afar, exiting the bathroom. Peter rushed over to her and started rambling about how he was super sorry about being late and how the security guard wouldn't let him in. Laura had to stop him with a chuckle since the poor Parker boy didn't even stop to breathe as he tried to explain. She went with him to the security guard and once the whole misunderstanding was fixed, Peter was allowed in. Laura didn't go in with him since she has someone to find so now Peter is stuck by the front double doors, trying to find his best friend. 

        The hall has a yellow glow coming from round lanterns hung on the ceiling along with strings of fairy lights hung from one corner of the ceiling to another. The large, round tables are covered with white table cloths and lit candles. White lace cloth is woven around the wooden chairs and all in all, the hall looks gorgeous. 

        Peter takes in the scenery while he keeps scanning the room until his eyes fall on a certain someone and his breath is taken away.

        Zoee Atkins' body is clad in a knee-length yellow dress, her hair straight and tucked back, revealing her beautiful face. The lighting of the room makes her skin glow and her smile shine bright. 

        Peter subconsciously smiles at her smile while his body stands still. He feels like as if he moves towards her, she'll disappear. He is stuck in his thoughts when a hand on his shoulder brings him back down to Earth. 

        "She looks beautiful, right?" The Parker boy turns his head to meet with Zoee's mother's face. 

        Peter nods slowly, wanting nothing more to look back at Zoee. "So beautiful." He murmurs. Laura smiles fondly at him and pats his shoulder. 

        "Thank you for everything, Peter. You've helped my Zoee and brought her back to her old self and for that, I will forever be grateful." Peter swore he saw Laura's eyes water and he brought her into a tight hug.

        "No, thank you. Thank you for being so kind to me." 

        Laura hugs him back just as tightly before patting his back and pulling away. "Go get her, tiger." She winks, a mischevious look in her eye. She obviously knows how he feels towards him and Peter notices, growing sweaty. She smirks before she pushes him forward.