Snooze ya loose

My alarm went off at 6:00 am. I turned off my alarm, got out of bed and walked straight to the bathroom.

"Good morning Dr. Blake", I say to myself in the mirror before brushing my teeth. I smiled to myself because I liked how that sounded. I turned on the shower waiting for it to get nice and hot. While I was waiting I picked out my scrubs and laid them across my bed. Deciding to straighten my hair today I quickly got in the shower knowing that it will take me forever to straighten my hair. Even though my mom always tells me that girls take baths and boys take showers, I had no time. As soon as I hopped out the shower it was already 7. I had to be at the hospital at 8 so I had no time to straighten my hair. Taking my hair down from my bun I put it in a low curly ponytail. I quickly put on my scrubs and some Jordans from my closet and rushed to my car.

Now my car isn't a top car. But it is a pretty one. I have a grey Audi Rs7 with all black interior. I named her princess. By now it was 7:30, I don't live that far from the hospital so I will be right on time as soon as I walk in. As I pulled up to the parking lot, getting ready to park, somebody stole my parking spot. Pulling up to tell the person that took my spot all he said was "snooze ya loose". Furious, I sped off finding a park closer to the hospital. I got out and started running toward the entrance I'd be damned if I'm late on my first day. Me out of all people late. Never have I ever been late to anything.

As I walk in to the locker room area. No one was there. Realizing that I was late I rushed out to where everyone is located.

"Snooze ya loose" , somebody to my right told me. Looking at him I realized he was the guy from the parking lot.

"I would have been on time if it weren't for you", I whispered.

"Excuse me , what is your name?", said a man that was up front speaking to us.

"Athena, Athena Blake", I replied

"Not only are you late Dr. Blake but you are interrupting me while I'm giving out important information. You are not living up to your expectations", he said.

"Sorry sir"

"As I was saying, My name is Chief Thomas and these 3 years will be your best and worst years of your medical years. Now I will be assigning you to your attending, there are no changes or replacements, with that being said, good luck".

As he was reading off names he finally came to mine "Dr. Blake, your attending is Dr. Jones". I got put into a group with the guy that took my parking spot.

"The name is Dylan by the way".

"Nice to meet you even though you took my parking spot, my name is Athena", I replied.

"Still not over that are you?" He asked.

"No I'm not"

"And my name is Brielle", she interjected.

Brielle stood about 5'5 with dark brown eyes and hair that went all the way to her mid back. She complemented my light caramel complexion with her dark mocha color. Her outgoing personality contrasted with my reserved personality.

Dylan on the other hand was your typical white boy. Standing 6'0 with dark brown hair and green eyes with perfect white teeth. I can obviously see why he was so full of it. He thinks he's the shit. Well I'm here to prove to him, that's he's no better than any of us here, we're all in the same boat.

While we were walking to meet our attending, she looked furious.

"When I call for you, or when you are looking for me, you need to RUN, as in NOW", Dr. Jones exclaimed.

As soon as I heard her I broke a sprint meeting up with her. Falling right behind me was Dylan and Brielle. Last we're the other 3 interns part of our group.

"Now that's what I'm talking about, what's your name Dr. ?", she asked me

"Athena Blake", I replied.

"Everybody needs to be more like Dr. Blake here. Would you like to assist me Dr. Blake?"

"I would be delighted" I replied.

As  Dr. Jones walked into the patients room I got a whole bunch of dirty looks, and smart remarks from the group.

"Kiss ass", Dylan said

I stuck my tongue at him as a response.
"You're just mad you got beat by a girl. Gotta be quicker than that", I taunted.

"Not everybody's a track star", whispered another girl.

I just flipped my hair and ignored her. I'm not going to let anybody ruin my day, especially with the bad start that I had.