Welcome Home

It took us thirty minutes to get to his parents' house. During the ride I silently sat in the passenger seat texting Brielle the whole time. The conversation was mostly her reassuring me and telling me she'll be my getaway driver if needed.

As Nathan pulled into the driveway, I looked at the house, wait no I looked at the ranch, no I looked at the estate, and even that was an understatement, and it was beautiful. They had six acres of land filled with a racetrack, a huge pool, a big ass maze and so much more that I can't even remember it all.

"You ready?", he asked as he opened my door and gave me a peck on the lips.

"Ready as I'll ever be", I smiled back hesitantly

Holding my hand he led me up the pathway to the front of the house. Before he could open the door his father came out.

"Well look who it is! My boy and the girl we've all been looking forward to meet, the mysterious Athena Blake. I am Nate's father, William, but you can call me Will", he said as he grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"The pleasure is all mine", I replied smiling

Finally getting a good look at William he stood about 6'3 with crystal blue eyes, the same kind that Nate has, a tan like he's a surfer, and has salt and pepper colored hair.

"Where is she William I want to see her", called a lady from the kitchen.

"Just wait a minute Anne, you'll see her soon enough" Will said.

Walking through the foyer into the open floor plan living room, you can see a middle aged woman with blonde hair, in which was dyed, green eyes, who stood about 5'5, cooking in the kitchen.

Closing the distance between us I seen her expression change from ecstatic to no emotion at all.

"It's true" she said.

"What's true?" I asked inquisitively.

"That you're—"

"Beautiful" Nathan interjected giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"I was going to say that what Mia said is true" she said boldly.

Looking back from Nate to William incredulously, they were just as shocked as I was.

"Mom can I speak to you in the library please" Nathan asked, but not really, his mother.

"Would you like to see the racetrack?" Will asked.

"Only if I'm allowed to race" I smiled.

During the ride to the track in the golf cart ,

"I'm sorry for what my wife said. That was so childish of her. She normally wouldn't say things like that, but I think it's because she was so used to Mia you know. I think she wanted them to get married and all." He said with empathy.

"Thank you and I can understand why, but she just needs to know that I'm here now and I'll treat her son better than Mia ever could" I said as we arrived to the track.

"Now are you ready to eat my dust?" I asked.

"We shall see Athena darling we shall see. Which car would you like to ride in?"

Looking at the lot I seen a variety of cars ranging from Porsches to Cameros to Bugattis to a McLaren.

"The McLaren" I said