Game night

"You're so lucky he saved you, Dr. Jones was going to have your head" Brielle stated.

"Did she know that I fell?"

"No, but Dylan was surely going to tell her"

I gave Dylan an annoyed look.

"I was worried for your well being alright, not everything is about getting ahead in life Athena", Dylan stated.

"Thanks I guess. Anyway, after our shift I was thinking about hosting a game night, you can invite your friends and significant others with you as well."

"Girl I don't have a man. So I'm coming alone." Brielle exclaims.

"Me either", Dylan agreed.

"It's a date. See you guys at 8."

As our call shifts ended. We all left to get ready for game night. Sitting in the car I called the closest Pizza Hut and ordered us each our favorite type of pizza, along with breadsticks and wings. As I got off the phone, I noticed someone approaching my car.

"Nice job in the OR today Dr.Blake", stated Dr.Wright.

"Thanks, even though all I did was suction."

"You'll get there soon. I promise. So, how about we go out to eat?"

"I told you in the daytime, and plus I already made plans."

"Okay not tonight, how about tomorrow. You can't say that you're on call when you just got off call and I have a home call shift so let me take you out to lunch", he asked.

"Okay fine. You're so persistent."

"Persistent enough to get a kiss?"

"Nice try, but I don't kiss on the first day", I giggled.

Looking down at my phone I realized that it's already 8 and that I'm going to be late to my own get together.

"I'm sorry I have to go. I'm late. See you tomorrow" I exclaimed starting my car.

"Wait you never gave me your number"

"Meet me at the pier at 12", I yelled as I sped off.

By 8:10 I arrived at my place. Not seeing Brielle nor Dylan I proceeded to enter. As soon as I got in the lights turned on and someone yelled "SURPRISE" like it was my birthday.

"How did you guys get in?" I asked.

"GIRL! Don't act like you're not one of those cliché people who keeps a spare key under their flower pot. If it weren't for me, the pizza would've been cold and Dylan would've went through the window" Brielle replied sarcastically.

Giving Dylan a stern look he replied with a smile and said, "I brought drinks".

"With that being said, let's get this party started" Brielle shrieked excitedly.

During the night, we just talked and laughed and giggled. We talked about embarrassing stories back stories and why we chose this hospital to work at. Until Dylan came up with the bright idea To play "never have I ever"

"Okay me first. Never have I ever dated a work superior", Dylan stated.

As we were all looking at each other, me and Brielle drank a shot of ciroc. Dylan looked at us shocked. 

"Stories now," he said.

"It was in undergrad, and he was my ochem professor. I was the brightest in the class and often countered his statements. He took a liking to me and asked me on a date. After the date he took me to his huge ass house and the rest is history." Brielle stayed as she took another shot.

And with her story we all took more shots.

"And what's your story Athena, who have you dated?" Brielle asked.

"Well it hasn't happened yet. But it will tomorrow. I'm going on a date with Dr. Wright"

Spitting out the alcohol that had prepared to swallow, they started flooding me with questions.

"What. Mr hot doctor who walked you in. The hotshot cardio surgeon" Brielle shrieked. "Full story now."

As I told them the full story we all took a few more shots.

"I'm so nervous. What if he wants to have sex. I haven't had sex since my high school abusive ex boyfriend. He was my first and last."

"Don't do anything you don't want to do." They both assured me. "I'm sure he'll understand".

Feeling that the mood was going down Brielle had the smartest idea.

"Let's go to the beach" she said.

"I don't like the sand Nor do you guys have swim suits"

"Baby girl don't you know B always comes prepared."

With that being said,we all changed into our swimsuits and proceeded to the beach,drunk as ever, with towels in hand.

At the beach we swam inside the freezing ocean, built sandcastle and drank some more.

"You know, I didn't even get his number, what if he never meets me", I said drunkly.

"Girl you work together you're bound to see each other. Me on the other hand, I can't even find a guy to ask me out." Brielle slurred.

As the night was coming to a drunken end, Dylan carried both of us back to the apartment. Brielle in his hands while I'm on his back. As he placed both of us in the bed. He got a blanket and laid on the floor. This was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.