Chapter 6: 11th grade

Jasmine in the mm

I groaned as I heard the sound of my alarm going off, looking at the time I realized that it was time to get up. It was game day and we had to go out of state today and that meant that we had to leave early as hell

I quickly threw on something to wear so I could hurry up and make it to the band room, it was taking me a bit longer than normal to get ready because Trey was stuck on my mind. I just could not believe that he was trying to use me for money.

As I was about to leave I remembered to grab his jacket, once he had that back he would have no reason to say another word to me unless it was strictly band related. I knew I was not being overdramatic about this situation because it had happened to me before.

Flashback

11th-grade year of high school me and one of the drum majors had a small relationship and I really thought he liked me and I was on the verge of loving him. We were the picture-perfect relationship, come on the drum major and the dance captain, all anyone talked about was us.

One night we were at my house chilling in the living room on the couch because my father did not play that boys in my room stuff. Any male in my house was lucky if they made it in the kitchen before my father walked in with a stare that could kill.

But anyway we were watching Power and I had my head in my lap as he was playing in my hair and we were just relaxing together as we always did after a battle.

"Baby look at these shoes" he said, showing me his phone. It was a pair of drum major shoes and I smiled "Those are nice, are you going to put in a petition to get them for the boys so they can have them next season" I asked him.

"Uhh yeah I just really wish I could get a pair too because they are so nice but you know the band budget is really low" he said leaning back on the couch with a sad face.

I sat up and looked at him, he was a senior and he always expressed to me that he was scared that he wouldn't make drum major again once he got to college. I kissed his cheek "Don't worry sweetie I'll make sure you get some before the next game" I told him smiling.

His face lit up and he pulled me on his lap and started to kiss me, we started to get really into it and I felt like we were the only two people in the world. "I love you Zoey" he whispered against my lips before kissing me again.

BAM! is the sound we heard that finally broke our kiss, my heart jumped out my chest and I got off him so quick. I looked up to see my 6'3 father standing there looking at us with a pissed off facial expression he was staring at my boyfriend like he wanted to kill him.

The tension in the room was so thick it could have been cut with a knife so I tried to calm the situation down "Hey daddy, how was work" I said in my bubbly voice.

He didn't even look my way "I think its time for you to go son" is all he said. "I'll walk him out" I offered, my dad turned to me and the look he gave me made me hold my breath "No, you will go to your room and I will walk him out".

My boyfriend nodded and got up and walked over to hug me "Touch my child and I will break your fingers then represent myself in court when your punk ass presses charges and be out in 30 minutes" my dad told him before he even made it halfway across the floor to see me.