Chapter 10: The Weekend

"Everybody stop, just stop" Ava yelled shaking her head and turning the music off "Is there something I'm missing here, why the hell does it look like no one in here knows the routine"

Everyone was out of breath, I had sweat pouring down my face and I really wanted to get some water. We had been practicing this one song for hours and in my opinion, we deserved a break but here the only opinion that mattered is Ava's

"Come on girls we have 5 days left until we go to ASU and yall look like trash, front row your sloppy as hell, second row I just don't know what the hell yall are doing, third row not bad but Zoey you need to get your fucking head in the game" Ava yelled while pacing the floor.

My head snapped up when I heard my name, now was not the time for this my mom was still down my back, I was falling behind in work and I was still pissed about the whole Brooklyn thing.

"Out of everyone in here you should be dancing with the most emotion, we chose this song for you, this song is a direct shot to your ex and old bestfriend. While your dancing you supposed to be reminding her that shes just the side bitch shes the weekend and your the 9-5" she yelled at me.

Everytime someone brought the incident it got me fired up I just wished everyone would let it go "What ever Ava " I said rolling my eyes at her.

"Babydoll you mad at the wrong person, last I checked I'm not the one who took your man or used you for money" she said with a smirk on her face, I jumped up "Ava let it go" I warned her.

All she did was laugh "Oh so now your mad and want to take your anger out on me, listen up hun ASU firing shots at you not me, your ex and that dancer are probably living it up right now, still laughing at YOU not me" she replied crossing her arms.

I dont remember when this happened but the rest of the team had slid back against the wall and Ava and I were face to face "AVA LAST TIME I'M GOING TO TELL YOU, SHUT THE FUCK UP" I yelled back at her. Trey and our band director bust on the room "Whats going on in here" Trey shouted.

I didnt say anything, I just continued to stare down Ava, some of the forever dolls including my mother and aunt entered the room. Oh great I thought to myself, shes still mad about me not dancing two games ago and now she see's this.

"Zoey what the hell is going on with you lately" she screamed at me, "Babe whats going on in here" I heard my dads voice.

"Oh great a family reunion in the band room" I said loud enough for everyone to hear me.

"Everybody shut the hell up I got this" Ava yelled "I dont do fist fights babydoll but what I do is leave it all on the floor, maybe you should try it" she said looking me in my eye.

Oh leave it all on the floor, "Hunny I will leave it on the floor and then let you wipe it up" I said back without breaking eye contact.

She laughed once more "Dont talk about it, be about it" is the last thing she said before walking away from me and turning the music back on.

I stood in the center of the floor and danced with emotion I didnt know I had, with every move I had flashbacks of the situation "Dumb ass little girl" I heard in my head. My ex said that when he was talking to his friends about me.

"You're honestly a bad dancer, you only got captain because of your mom" Tamera said to me the day we got our positions senior year.

"If thats the best you got you might as well quit" is what my own mother said to me just a few weeks ago.

The song ended and I was completly out of breath, Ava looked at me and slowly started to clap "Thats what you need to do everytime, not half bad baby doll" I felt proud of myself, if Ava didnt have anything to critique me on I obviosly did well.

I looked around the room and the rest of the dolls looked shocked, the forever dolls were smiling big but my mother still had this look in her face like I could have done way better.

I knew that I did good but not having my mothers approval still hurt like hell, I went to the back of the room and grabbed my bad before I ran out the room.

"Baby girl come back" my father yelled after me but I couldnt stop I kept running until well I had no choice but to stop because I ran into someone.

"Yo watch where the fuck your- Zo whats wrong" Lorenzo asked me, I was semi-glad it was him, I really didnt have it in me for another argument.

I was proud of myself not one tear had dropped but I'm sure I looked a mess, he smiled at me "you look like you could use some time away" he said to me.

I tried to laugh "Oh is it that noticeable" I asked him, he laughed with me "Just a little, now come with me" he said grabbing my hand.

--------------------------------------------

We stopped to get some food and an hour later we pulled up at a small lake. The water was crystal clear and I looked over and smile at Lorenzo.

He smiled back "Come on" he said to me and got out the car. I followed behind him and we walked to the waters edge.

"I bet I can skip this rock further than you" he said.

"What is skip a rock" I asked him confused, in all my 19 years of life no one had ever asked me to skip a rock.

He laughed at me "You've never skipped rocks before" he asked sounding very shocked. "Uhh no, was I supposed to" I asked him

He just smiled and picked up a small rock "Watch and learn from the master" he said and I rolled my eyes. He threw the rock across the water in a way that the rock literally jumped on the waters surface a few times before finally sinking.

"And that gorgeous is how you skip a rock" he said with a grin on his face. I was mind blown, I had never seen anything like that, I ignored him and picked up a rock and tried but it immediately sunk and caused him to laugh harded.

I was mad, how hard could it be if he did it I thought to myself "Okay okay let me help you" he said getting another rock. He guided me closer to the water and stood behind me before placing the rock in my hand. I threw it and it did the same thing "I give up".

"Slow down Zo" he said picking up another one, this time he held on to my wrist and helped me throw it and it jumped 3 times.

I was so excited I started to jump up and down he smiled and took a seat on a log not to far from me and for the next few hours I stood on the rivers edge skipping rocks, ocasionally looking back at him and smiling.

Each time I skipped the rock he gave me and thumbs up and said great job. I'm sure he eventually got bored of watching me but he never complained and we stayed at that lake until the sun started to set.

--------------------------------------

So what does everyone think of the chapeters lengths, would you like them to be longer or shorter?

What do you guys think of Zoey and Lorenzo can you seem them being together? What about Trey?

If I get more positive feedback I will continue trying to upload once a day but if not I probably slow down to once or twice a week.