Chapter 11: Why you gotta be so rude

Zoeys' father Christian in the mm

It was a little chilly outside but anything was better than being in my dorm with my roommate and her boyfriend.

Jasmine had left that weekend to go to an elementary school for a cheer camp so I couldn't hang with her and I didn't really want to see any of my other friends on campus.

I walked around school for a while to find something to get myself into but nothing interested me so I settled by sitting on a bench and reading a book while listening to music to past the time.

"Hey uhh Zoey" I heard, but I thought I was tripping because who would be talking to me. I decided to ignore the voice because I did not think anyone was there until I felt a light tap on my shoulder.

"Oh god you scared the heck out me" I said before looking up and when I did I met the eyes of Trey. "Oh uh hey whats up" I asked him but in my head, I was thinking please let this be band related.

"May I sit here" he asked, I nodded but in my head, I rolled my eyes, I knew he wanted something and instead of just saying it he was beating around the bush. I tried to ignore him and went back to my book.

"Ava's not being to hard on you is she" he asked me after a while. "Oh no shes not shes just pushing us to be better" I replied

I know he did not think I was going to snitch and tell him that we went hours without a break, practiced at all times of the night and all that other stuff. If I would tell him any of that I would be off the team so quick.

"Look Zoey the reason I came is because I wanted to know what happened" he said looking at the ground.

Of course, that's what he wanted to know, I knew he didn't care about how we were treated in practice but I decided to play dumb and act like that's what he was talking about "Nothing happened everything is fine me and Ava just had a misunderstanding" I replied and he sighed

"No not with you and Ava I'm talking about between us, I thought we were cool after that day in the dance room but then you threw the jacket at me and now every time I see you, you run the other way" he said.

Damn I thought to myself I had thought I was being discrete when I walked away from him but I guess not. I did a little fake laugh "What are you talking about I rarely see you and I've never ran away from you Trey" I lied.

I could tell he didn't believe me but he let it go "You know Black Panther just came out, would you like to you know maybe see it with me" he asked

My heart started to race, did Trey just ask me out on a date I thought to myself. Before I had the chance to answer him someone stopped in front of us.

"Hmm, so you steal my man just to be with another one you homie hopping bitch" I heard Brooklyn say, she was smacking her gum and standing directly in front of me.

"I did not steal you man, I am not with anyone" I said to her and she sucked her teeth "Careful Brooklyn you know what they say, if you suck your teeth you'll suck anything" I laughed on the inside. Back in middle school that's what teachers said to us when they got annoyed.

She finally stomped away and I turned back to Trey "Hey look if you're with someone forget I asked, I don't want to be in the middle of that" he said with a straight face.