Chapter 13: ASU Hoco

ASU Dance Team

(Feel Free To Skip the Videos if You would Like)

Todays the day, I had to make sure I shut her up once and for all because we could not continue this a day longer.

Today is the day we let ASU know that the Doll's are and forever will be better, we did not come to play games.

Today is the day I let Tamera know that she is second place to me, and that will never change, I was the high school captain for a reason.

We rolled into the gates of ASU and saw the massive waves of students and alumni walking around. Sure ASU would have the crowd factor but with the heat we were bringing we weren't worried about that.

"Listen up ladies" Ava yelled, standing up and facing us "Dolls we will not have any drama with them today, if any of you cause a problem you will come back to this bus and sit here until the event is over, is that understood" she asked and we all nodded.

We all had something to prove today and we could not afford to mess it up "They talked their shit and now its time for us to show them what we about. We gotta let them know who the best dance team is and never let them forget that, those wack eight counts they got, babies they were inspired by us and they just can't do it the way we do" she said.

She was hyping us up and preparing us for the game and I was feeling it, she looked me in my eye "Dolls we are here for a purpose, we did not come to play any games with them, now heads down, eyes and mouths closed" she said and we all held hands.

"Dear God we usually don't pray until we are about to hit the field but today we need a little extra help, please let this game go without a hitch, please let my dancers do what they came to do without any injuries, please help them to be better than they were the last game and guide them when they forget a count. We ask that you give us the strength to ignore any ignorant comments coming our way and lead us on the path to let ASU know who's the best dance team to ever grace this stadium in your name we pray" she said and in unison we all said Amen.

We all go off the bus and stood in our positions with our hands on our hips and smiles on our faces and were waiting until we had further instruction.

Josh and Trey walked over and Ava rolled her eyes "You know we are not in formation yet, yall can chill out" Trey said.

"Uhh Trey this is my section and I do what I want with my girls, you and your tag-a-long jack can go now" she said fixing her hair and getting back into her spot.

"You need to watch that smart mouth, you forget that we are above you" Josh jumped in.

She laughed "I don't have time for you today, now go on somewhere looking like boo boo the fool smiling all in their faces like any of them want you".

We all laughed a little and Trey looked at me, we had not spoken since the incident on the bench and I had no interest in talking to him.

"Whew babygirl baby girl" I heard and started smiling big, I knew exactly who it was and I was so happy he made it to the game.

Lorenzo and Chad, Ava's boyfriend walked up to us, I looked to Ava for permission to walk to him and she nodded and walked to Chad as well.