Chapter 4: Photoshoot

Honey

I stared at my cereal. My spoon stirred the now soggy contents. Sneaking a glance across the table, I caught sight of both Jackie and Bogum talking. She placed a hand on his shoulder as they both laughed.

For some reason, it bothered me.

Just seeing them laugh together put me off my breakfast. Pushing the bowl away from me, I slumped in my chair. I wish I could teleport somewhere else.

"Honey, are you alright? You hardly touched your breakfast." Jang Eum eyes bared into mine with concern as she placed a hand on my arm, reassuringly. She had become the 'mother' of the roommates. Making sure everyone was warm, fed and okay.

"I am fine Unnie. Just a little nervous for the photoshoot," I half lied. I was scared about the photoshoot that we all are doing today. It was for the show. They needed photos of us so they could advertise the new season. I am afraid I would freeze in front of the camera.

Jung Eum gave my arm a pat. "You'll be fine Honey. It is only a few photos. It'll be over before you know it," She looked at the roommates at the table, eating their breakfast. "Besides, we celebrities will help you and the other two. We do them frequently. So don't worry dear. It will be fine."

"Kamsamida Unnie."

"Good. Now give me your bowl. I'll do the dishes this time. Don't protest! You do them every time. Don't think I haven't notice you doing them when its supposed to be the boys turn," She remarked, eyeing the two J's, Joon and Jackson, who were talking to Seho about the time they caught eels.  "Now," She said turning back to me. "Go get ready. We will be leaving soon."

I nodded my head and went to my room. However, before I could leave the living room, I heard Jackie's laughter soon followed by Bogum's comment, "You are awesome, Jackie."

I froze midstep up the stairs. Why? Why did it have to be Bogum? He is such a sweet person. And Jackie is the opposite. Her mask was ripped off the minute she threatened me in the bathroom. Now, I can clearly see her personality, her motives. To a point where it scared me.

Passing Yeseul, who was coming down the stairs, I flashed him a fake smile and went up. "Noona must be in a good mood," I heard him comment to himself as he carried on down. No, you are mistaken, Yeseul. I am in such a bad mood, all I want to do is hit something and cry.

Opening the door to my bedroom, I saw Cucumber, the beagle they have here, race out of the room. Peering into the room, I spotted what the mischevious dog had done.

"Good girl, Cucumber. Good girl," I muttered to myself as I saw the smelly brown present the dog had left on Jackie's bed.  

Maybe today isn't going to be too bad.

.............................................................

I was wrong. The day is going to be worse than I thought it would be.

All of us were jammed packed into a small studio. It was noisy, loud upbeat music was being played. It was crowded. People where running around with clothing, makeup and other things. The constant flashes made me had to blink furiously as I went passed. 

I was pushed into a seat and two Korean women crowded around me with different makeup tools in their hands. I tried not to flinch in disgust at the feeling of layers and layers of makeup on my face. To make matters worse, the two women spoke their minds when doing the makeup. They didn't know I could understand most of what they are saying.  Let's just say it is not good.