Chapter 10: Two Good-looking Actors and a Car

Honey

"I don't see why I have to do this, Dongwook Oppa," I told him as I wearily eyed the makeup artist in the mirror as he quietly worked on the 'bruise' on my temple. "I had to wake up at God's knows what hour this morning; I haven't eaten anything, and probably won't for another- " I paused and looked at the clock on my phone, "- four hours! I mean, I was probably only in the drama for 10 seconds. 10 seconds of footage I wasn't even supposed to be in the first place! And look, look what they did to my favourite shirt!" I whined as I gazed at what was left of my shirt. It was the same shirt I had worn the previous time and was instructed to bring it with me along with my jeans.

Yet, the moment I had stepped foot onto the set, my clothing was taken off me. (Luckily, I had worn something different and the clothing they took was in a bag. It would have been incredibly awkward if I had to wait in nothing but a robe with Dongwook Oppa.) When I was given it back, my clothing was filthy and my shirt practically torn to shreds. Thank goodness they were allowing me to wear a bra underneath. Otherwise, there would be much more inappropriate parts on the show other than my stomach.

Dongwook Oppa sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Look, Honey, I will buy you a completely new outfit-" I gave him a hard look and he swallowed, "- and buy you food if you do this. They really need you, Honey. When I told them you would do this, they were over the moon. According to the director, you inspired him to come up with a good ending for this drama."

 I tsked at his words and took another gulp of my water, hoping it would ease the hunger I was feeling. I still had not forgiven the director for that scaring experience. Dongwook Oppa seemed to notice my worsened mood for he squeezed my shoulder gently.

"Look, Honey, by doing this you are helping many people, who have probably pulled many all-nighters into making this drama for months come one step closer to completing it. These people, including Bogum-ah, would be extremely grateful if you would do this. Besides, from what I saw earlier, you have a knack for acting." If you call that acting. I was literally being harassed. But, gazing at the makeup artist, who had noticeable bags under his eyes, I decided not to voice my opinion. Instead, I have Dongwook Oppa a small smile and told him I would do it.

He beamed. "Great, well here is the script. Read over it so you can get a feel for the drama. I have taken the liberty of highlighting your lines. Take this time to memorize them. If you have a problem, ask one of the members and they are sure to help you. Other than that, I wise you luck. I will be back to pick you up." The last bit caught my ears and I nearly chocked on the water I was drinking.

"You're not staying?"

He gave me a look. "Honey, did you forget that I am also an actor? I have an interview to go to and then a script reading. I'll be here around 5pm to pick you up. Just wait until then." Giving me one last squeeze on the shoulder, he left.

Sighing, I leaned back into the chair and peered down at the script for today. Flickering through the first few pages, I felt dread wash over me. I could not read a single word. It was all written in Korean, and I haven't had the chance to learn any of it properly with Bogum like he promised, due to his busy schedule. Panicking, I glanced up at the makeup artist, who had paused to look for another colour, for help. He seemed rather perplexed at my situation, but seemed wiling enough to tell me what I needed to know for this scene.

Apparently, I was supposed to be the wife of this man, who I didn't know was an important undercover agent, and was currently being held, hostage. My 'husband' had missile codes that my captives want and were using me to get it. What they and I didn't know was that my 'husband' died in another secret mission and had made his best friend and fellow agent (Bogum), promise to protect me and my 'son'. He had also left clues in which Bogum's character and his sidekick spent most of the drama trying to solve, and falling in love in the process. Today, I was supposed to be 'tortured' by these people and then saved by Bogum. Then, I am supposed to film 'flashback' scenes with my 'husband' and two with my 'daughter' later on.