Chapter 6: Mask

Honey

It was a Saturday and Jang Ok Unnie thought it would be good if we went grocery shopping. When asked who wanted to come, Dongwook oppa instantly declined. 

"Why?" I asked him, across the table. 

He looked at me. "Never again..." He shuddered while others laughed. I frowned. Why was it funny? 

Guk Joo unnie, noticing my confusion, said, "Dongwook-oppa went to the store last time with the youngsters. Suffered greatly trying to control their exploding energy." My mouth formed an 'O' at her statement. So that is what happened. 

Jackson suddenly laughed next to me. Turning to him, I saw that he was mirroring my expression, causing both Jieun-unnie and Nathan Oppa to laugh. "Yah." I whacked his shoulder playfully, causing everyone to laugh. 

"So who wants to go?" Jang Ok Unnie asked everyone at the breakfast table eagerly. Yeseul instantly put up his hand, followed quickly by Nathan. Jang Ok grinned at the young boy's enthusiasm. 

"Anyone else?" She asked. 

Should I go? I have got nothing to do here. Only wait for the publishing company to contact me. So, I raised my hand. 

"Yay, Noona is coming with us!" Yeseul exclaimed and I smiled. Love that kid. Unnie's eyes scanned the table and asked the two J's if they wanted to go, they both declined saying their busy. Jieun also declined. She wanted to try and compose songs today. 

When Unnie asked Jackie if she wanted to come, she replied with, "No. I've got a photoshoot to go to. Maybe some other time."

"I'll come."

I turned my head to Bogum Oppa, as did everyone else who was surprised by this. It was a known fact that he was currently filming a drama at the moment and that he only had a few days off to rest. He, however, flashed a smile at the concerned face. Jackie, noticing this, was about to speak when Jang Ok unnie cut her off. 

"Great! The five of us will go in 10 minutes, alright?" We all nodded and got to our feet. As I was about to put my dish away, a hand firmly gripped my arm, stopping me. 

"Don't forget what we promised, Honey," Jackie harshly whispered in my ear before letting me go and leaving the kitchen. Putting my plate away and straightening my clothes, I let out a deep breath. At least she isn't coming. 

....

"Can you drive, Honey?" Jang Ok Unnie asked me as the five of us made our way over to the car. I shook my head. She then asked Bogum-oppa if he could drive.

"Sure, I'll-"

"No, I'll drive," Nathan-oppa interrupted Bogum-oppa and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Sorry Bogum-ah. I have seen that episode of 'Youth Over Flowers'. If we do not want to risk the car being damaged, I think I should drive." This caused Bogum-oppa to pout and nod in agreement. 

'Youth Over Flowers'? Gosh I need to watch a lot of things.

We all hopped in the car and set off. Jang Ok and Nathan rode in the front while Bogum, Yeseul and me were in the back. As soon as I got in the car, I put my seat belt on and held it tight.  Yeseul, being in the middle, noticed this and unclasped the hand and put it in his. I smiled at him gratefully. 

When we were riding along the motorway, Unnie started asking questions. She began by asking Nathan how long it takes to practice for the winter Olympics. He told her that for one reunite, it took him about 3 months of constant practice. 

"I bet you get sick of the music," Yeseul commented. Nathan looked through the rear vision mirror and nodded furious at the kid, causing everyone to laugh. Nathan then asked Bogum how his drama filming was going.