Chapter 3

*Maria's POV*

After breakfast we all went to the greeting room and got into age order. I am the youngest so im last and alone.

Mrs. Wish came out, she is really mean, with a fake smile. "Its that time of week again." She snorts. I hate her with every tiny bone i have.

She looks at us all then opens the doors. Moms and dads pour into the room grinning. They all walk over to the older girls.

I sigh and sit away from them, no one wants a baby. After waiting a half hour a man walks over to me. "Hello little one, what's your name?" He asks in a weird accent. 

"Maria.." I answer quietly. He smiles and looks closer at me. "And how old are you?" I hold up five fingers and he grins.

"And would you like a mom and dad?" I nod my head and look for Anna. I spot her smiling at me and then goes to talk to a family.

Then man then walks away and goes to Mrs. Wish. They walk back over to me. "Why on earth would you want her?" She asks.

He looks at me then back at her. "Cause shes adorable!" He says in a cute voice. Mrs. Wish sighs, "If you want her, take her. But i warn you she's being hunted down by her uncle who plans too kill her."

Great, she told him my story, all hope is lost. "So?" He says as Mrs. Wish gives him my papers. "Your funeral. Mr. Kjellberg."

I look up at him, funny last name. "Go get your things miss Lee." She snarls. Nodding, I rush into my room and pack up my things.

I pull out a picture of my mama and papa. "I miss you....." I mumble. I place my bag on my back and go back to the man who is putting his phone away.

"Ready to go?" He asks smiling. I nod my head and take his hand. He leads me to the car and places me in the back.

He jumps to the front and drives away. "So Maria, you can call me dad, Felix, or Pewds you chose." He tells me.

"F-Felix...." I say making sure i do it right. I see him smile lightly. He wanted me to call him dad.