Chapter Three

Sharing a friendship with Ashton wasn't anything I suspected it would be. He wasn't like most of the other kids in this school, and neither was our relationship. He was clingy, always hanging onto me, like his life depended on it. Always hugging me and holding my hands. Occasionally even placing his lips upon my cheek. It was nothing I thought having a friend would feel like. I looked around the library, sitting in the back by the windows. The day had been nothing but thundering and lightning, those sounds were quick to trigger back the memory of the night I was turned into this horrible thing. At the present moment, I've getting much worse. My hair is starting to fall out, my skin is peeling and all I feel is an eternal pain every where. I need to eat but I refuse to do so. Kill a living and breathing human for MY Selfishness. For my hunger and my own delight. I'm not that person to cause someone else such distraught and misery of losing a loved one for my own personal gain. I'll kill myself before I turn to that way of life.

The lightning struck again causing me to jump grisly. Suddenly a flashback occurred in my head. I was only thirteen years old at the time. It was a quiet and gelid night. Not that you could expect any better during the winter time. It was during a winter storm, mother had been demanding me to run for some groceries for quite some time. However, I ignored her because of the dangerous amounts of low temperatures and icy roads. Finally sick of her bantering I grabbed the biggest winter jacket I could find and made my way to the market. It was merely a block away but the conditions outside slowed me down. My family didn't have much money at the time so anywhere we wanted or needed to go, we were forced to walk.

I shoved my hand in my pocket as I listened to the coo of birds in the tall and snow covered trees. I tried to continue walking though the force of the wind pushing against me, refused my body to move quickly. Why not take a small rest for a moment? I thought to myself, realizing the numbness of my small hands. Mamma couldn't become too sore if it took a bit longer for me to bring the food home. I moved the snow with my bare hands away from curb, and sat down adjusting myself to get somewhat comfortable. It was a horrible time to be working but if my mom wanted something; she wouldn't budge. I heard foot steps which instantly caused my worry to rise again. No one was around. No was anywhere to be seen. I slowly stood up and looked around at my surroundings when suddenly a person appeared in front of me, I'm not sure where they came from but they were there. We were nose to nose. I screamed as loud as I could and immediately ran, trying to escape them though their grasp caught on to my arms and I was thrown down. I couldn't comprehend what was happening, all I knew was that I couldn't save myself from this. 

I shook and took heavy breaths trying to keep myself calm. Why wasn't I waking up? This couldn't have been real life. I stared at them and in a sudden flash their eyes that were once brown turned to a bright red and their perfectly straight teeth became sharp, shark-like fangs. My eyes widened and after a second of them staring at me they dug their teeth in the side of my neck. I felt my blood beginning to become thin and my eyes rolled to the back of my head as I was filled with an unbearable source of pain. I screamed and screamed but no one had come to my rescue until suddenly I blanked out. I woke up later that night, I was in an abandoned house, with lightening and thundering taking place outside. I wasn't the only one there, just the only one laying on the floor. 

I tried to move up though my aching body caused me nothing but pain. Suddenly I had caught another rather young blond boy's attention. He slowly made his way over to me avoiding to let the other people to the left side who were engaging in conversation, realize he had slipped away. He bent down and looked at me with a small smile, though you could see he had been worried.

"Are you okay?" He asked in a quiet whisper and as he spoke I realize he too, had the fangs that the man who had earlier attacked me had. My breath hitched in my throat and I could barely speak. This wasn't right. 

"I-I need to get home my mom's waiting for me" I said quietly and sat up. He took a deep breath.

"You can not leave this place just yet. You're not trained to handle who you are now" He said and the words struck me. Who I was? I looked at my pale hands, I licked my teeth. I as well had fangs. I didn't know what to think. I was terrified. 

"No! Let me go God damn it!" I yelled and started to run towards the door instantly earning the attention of the older men there. 

"Stop him!" One man had demanded and I was quickly piled on top of by a few others. 

"Father, don't hurt him. He's merely confused!" The small blond boy begged and the man who had called for me to be trampled had struck him with his big hand. 

"Do not beg for the weak. You pray on them Lucas. I told everyone in here to ignore the newest member. you obey my commands. Understood?" He sternly asked in a loud and deep tone. The young boy, Lucas had held his face, with a look of hurt and slowly nodded. 

"Yes, sir" They had carried me towards a new room and I tried my hardest to get away, screaming and crying. I didn't want to be here. As they opened the nearly broken door, they threw me into the room and scattered away. Locking me in there. I couldn't breathe, what the fuck is happening. Tears streamed down my face as I ran up to the door, banging on it. 

"Let me out!" I cried and tried to leave the room any other way possible but nothing I had tried worked. I wanted nothing more than to leave this horrid place. I had eventually after hours of begging realized it was absolutely useless to try and leave this room. I didn't shower for weeks and my clothes were nearly falling apart. No one had visited me, I had no food except when the blond boy had dropped off a few scraps left over from his dinner and a cup of dark and thick red juice through a small hole that connected from his room to mine. It had filled me up continuously. I was never sure of what I had been consuming but it sure did help me. This had passed on for months and him and I had become friends as he told me the story of his transformation. After nearly a year the door was finally opened and I was released outside into the main room. The men had blessed me with numerous prayers and I had come to respect them greatly. They were my new family, especially my best friend Lucas. 

The bell rung over my head signaling it was the end of sixth period and as I closed my book. I took a deep breath, trying to escape the thought of that memory. It was what had changed my life and made me this monster who I was today.

Disparate (A Mashton Fan Fiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara