Chapter Five

His cries echoed in my head as I held my face to my knees crying silently in the side of my room. I was feeling much better now physically, however, emotionally I was absolutely broken.

I hated myself so fucking much right now.

I did what I had always despised. Of course that asshole wasn't innocent in any way, shape or form but the fact I took his life, sickens me. I'm the bully I've never ever wanted to be. I wiped my eyes and took shaky breaths as I looked at the small hole that connected mine and Luke's room.

"I did something bad" I whispered through the hole hoping I would be acknowledged but there was no response even after a few minutes. I sat down on my bed continuing to sob. I wasn't supposed to have feelings. I wasn't supposed to be hurting this bad or have any sort of guilt. This is how vampires survived. However, if I could take back what I did, I would. I've said since the first day I became who I was I didn't want to hurt anyone. He pushed too far though. It triggered back to my bullying and the night of my attack. My door had creaked and suddenly father walked in.

"Michael, why the tears?" He asked and I straightened my posture and stood up from my bed. I sniffled and he walked closer to me lifting up my chin. He observed my facial structure, and a small grin crossed his lips. "You've eaten haven't you?" He asked and I held my head in shame.

"I did.." I started not moving my eyes from the floor.

"That's wonderful, I know you've had a strong craving for the longest time. Would you like to talk about what happened?" He asked in interest and I shook my head.

"Father, if I may, I'd like to ask if I could sit alone for a while. I'm still trying to think of what happened" He nodded, and ruffled my now healthy hair.

"But of course" He said simply and left the room, with the same grin crossing his lips that he had since I told him of the news. I however was in nothing but an endless pit of sadness and rue. I sat quietly just thinking back at what happened and suddenly I came to two realizations.

1. The body was still there

2. The two other boys were alive when it happened.

They saw everything! My eyes widened at the thought and my voice cracked as I screamed for father to return into my room.

"Father! Father!" I yelled crying harder than before. Another head vampire made his way into my room. I stopped calling for him and stopped crying as the man stepped in.

"Michael, why are you calling for Jeerot?" He asked and i stood up, bowing slowly at the man who stood in front of me. But did not move up from the position for a few more seconds. I began to explain to the noble man of what had happened and you could tell by the look on his face that I had done something wrong. His eyes became angry and he swung at my face. Hitting me so that I fell against the bed.

"You fool! You could have exposed everything we are."

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean for it to happen!" I held my face and he stared down in complete and utter anger.

"Well it did and I'll have to fix it now!" He shouted and opened my door. "Jeerot come take Michael to the chamber!" He demanded and my eyes widened in terror.

"No please not the chamber!" I begged. That place was horrible. In every way, not even imaginable you were tortured for hours on end. Considering my immortality, my pain tolerance was much higher than mere humans. However, they knew where it ended to the point where you would die and they made sure to torture until you just met that line of still breathing. I had only been there one time before and the fact I survived was a miracle to me.

"Punishment is what you learn from, you must realize that" father interrupted and not even bothering to question why I was sentenced to the chamber I was quickly dragged there by his large hands. Nerve arose inside of me and I watched the wall with fear as we made our way outside to the place I had hated most.

"Please hear me out! I merely made a mistake, I beg for your mercy" I said. I didn't want to go in, I couldn't deal with it! Without another word he pushed me into the small room and slammed the door shut.

My body trembled, as I thought of the torturous punishments I was about to receive. In what felt like an instant of the door shutting a sudden vapor began flowing from a small metal machine attached on the ceiling. I stared up at it, quietly shaking after seconds, my breaths became slow and the back of my throat had a horrible burning sensation. My eyes widened and I knew this was the horrible abuse I was being granted with. I began to choke on the vapor filling up my lungs. My eyes stung and began watering, forcing themselves to shut as I fell to my knees screaming in pain.

This pain was unbearable. My toes curled and I got goosebumps up and down my spine. I wouldn't have imagined it could have hurt this bad.

"Please stop!" I cried but I knew the council would not grant me any mercy. I screamed, hitting my fists against the floor as the air gotten even more thin. It felt as if I was drinking acid and it burned the inside of my throat. My screams were sickening only adding to the pain. I vomited up a bloody substance on the wooden floor and it, as well as my tears made a small puddle around me. I was suffocating completely and lost my vision as the burning air met every inch of my body.

My face was soaked with tears that had added to the horrific painful feeling. It seemed that it had absorbed into my tears leaving small welts under my eyes. To even try explain the pain seemed not to do any justice to how it really felt. I looked at the machine with my nearly swollen eyes to realize it had stopped blowing out the devilish air.

My time in the chamber was coming to an end soon but soon was not in any way quick enough. My body was weak as I struggled to crawl near the door that would soon be opened for my freedom. I held my breaths hoping it would no longer burn in my throat, knowing the air wasn't pure. After nearly dying the door swung open and I quickly dragged my body out taking heavy breaths. Oh how the clean and refreshing air felt nice colliding with my burning face and throat.

Someone suddenly touched my trembling hands and lifted up my chin beginning to wipe the welts under my eye with a wet rag soaked with water.

"I hope you feel better" a voice said and I squinted, in a blurry vision saw Luke squatting over me."I told Ashton you were sick in bed so he wouldn't be mad at you. Come on I'll take you inside" He said and helped me stand as I weakly dragged myself into the house. We passed the men of council, who paused their conversation looking at me with blank expressions. They began to quietly murmur among themselves. I couldn't focus on anything, it hurt to even move. The pain had taken over my body. Luke walked me into my room and laid me carefully on the bed and as I thought about who I was, began to sob. I hated living at this fucking house. I hated my so called "family". I hated being punished so cruelly for the mistakes I made.

I wish Tankus killed me instead of transforming me into the monster I am. Luke suddenly crawled up next to me and held me against his chest, soothing me with quiet whispers that everything is going to be alright.