Chapter Six

I sat down in my seat quietly and rubbed under my eyes. These fucking welts aren't fading at all, they were absolutely horrible. Every class I went to so far I got looks from either my teachers or class mates. I haven't seen Ashton today, I miss him. He's the only person I talk to and without him here I'm so bored. That's all though.. I want the company.

"Mikey!" Ashton cheered quietly, rushing towards me as he walked into the class room. Right away I noticed his eyes hidden behind some black and blue sun glasses. How peculiar, we're inside why the use of sun glasses? I smiled lightly trying to ignore it but as he moved closer to me it continued to reached my thoughts.

"Hey Ash why the black and blue sunglasses?" I asked and he stood over my desk, staring quietly.

"Oh um black and blue are my favorite colors." He said, smiling crookedly. I didn't want to annoy him, bombarding him with questions so I only smiled back.

"Nice, you look cool in them" I giggled and he did as well with a light shade of pink covering his chubby cheeks. The teacher walked into the room and Ashton and I both looked up at her. Actually I didn't exactly know where his eyes were considering the glasses but he moved his head in her direction.

"Good morning class, we have a new project today, so get to your seats" She demanded and Ashton scurried back to his seat, as well as a few more people. A pleasing grin crossed her lips and she walked to the front of the class holding up the novel our class has been reading. "We're going to be pairing up to make a presentation about "The roaming mind" I'm allowing you the chance to pick your partners and you two will work together to make an oral presentation either with the use of a play, song or essay. So please get to work, it's due next to week." She cheered enthusiastically and everyone began to get together. Ashton instantly hurried towards me once again and smiled. 

"Yes! We get to talk with each other all week" He smiled and I did as well. This was going to be exciting, I'm happy for once I have a partner for these things. I usually do it alone and fail because I don't pay attention in the class. I looked at Ashton as he began to pull out a binder full of notes, tons of them. Almost thousands of papers, either filled with poems, notes, class work, doodles, homework or any other random things. It was so unorganized to be honest. I watched quietly, shuffling my feet and grabbed one of the papers, Ashton's eyes shot up at me as I stared down at the paper, reading what was printed on to it. Before I could even get past the first word Ashton grabbed it forcefully out of my hands.

He crumpled up the paper shoving it in his bag. "Sorry" I said quietly, realizing it was quite rude to have just grabbed and started reading it without any permission from him. Suddenly the teacher made her way over to us smiling widely. I looked up at her. Oh Gosh, why so positive all the time? Is life really that great for her? Lucky.

"Michael, you and Ashton are working together?" She asked and I looked at Ashton smiling.

"Yeah" I said simply. He smiled back at me and we only stared at each other, it didn't even seem like anyone else was in the room, he was the only person I paid any attention to. Well most likely because he did to me as well. 

"Well that's nice to hear" She smiled and looked at Ashton. "Ashton, you know you can't wear sun glasses inside, the school doesn't like it" She exclaimed and I looked at him. He hesitated to say anything or move. Very slowly he grabbed a hold of his glasses and pulled them off. I nearly gasped seeing his eye was black and blue, swollen shut. 

"How did that happen?" I blurted out with worry instantly filling me. He looked up at Mrs.Slader then at me.

"Oh um I got hit with a base ball during a game with my brother. I'm alright though" He smiled, but you can see the amount of hurt and pain that was in his eyes. God damn it he was lying, it was those damn jocks I know it is. The teacher smiled sympathetically and grabbed a tight grip on Ashton's shoulder.

"Feel better Mr.Irwin" She soothed and he grinned as she left away from our desks.

"Ash, what happened to your eye? We both know you're lying about a baseball incident" I demanded to know. If something happened to Ashton, I believe I have the right to know. After all we are supposedly best friends, aren't they supposed tell each other everything?

"It's nothing Mikey, no need to worry" He mumbled and began to grab a few pages out of his binder. I stared, not about to except that he wouldn't spill to me what happened. I grabbed onto the stump of his wrist tightly and narrowed my eyes at him.

"Irwin, tell me what happened" I sternly whispered and he frowned slightly, pulling away his arm. I gave him a moment to collect his things and shove it back into his backpack. He bit the inside of his cheek anxiously.

"M-My mom g-got mad at me so she hit me" he said quicker towards the end and looked at me ashamed. I felt anger bubble inside of me. Why would his mother hit him, sure Jeerot hit me. However, in my defense, we aren't technically related. He was only the leader in our vampire tribe. Closest thing to a father I have, I suppose. However your own blood, hitting or beating on you? It's absolutely preposterous, using your strength on someone else, especially your own son.

It's downright bullying that's what it is.

"Ashton that's horrible! Come here" I said and grabbed him into my arms for a hug. He got a tight grip on my shirt and shoved his head into the crease of my neck. I wrapped one arm around his waist and with the other played with his hair. I felt so safe hugging him. Everything felt so warm and sweet. However all hugs felt like that, because hugs are swell. I continued to squeeze my love into Ashton and as more and more stares were placed upon us you could basically feel him tense up at the extra attention.

"Thank you, Michael" he mumbled and you could, even if seeming impossible, hear sadness masking in his voice. I continued to hold him tightly against my chest as he took light breaths onto the skin of my neck. I nodded and suddenly a loud voice broke the moment.

"Mr.Irwin, Mr.Clifford, no time for hugs please just continue on with the project" Mrs.Slader demanded and slowly Ashton pulled away awkwardly. He rolled his eyes and smiled at me.

"You wanna sleep over tonight, with it being Friday and such? My mom is always encouraging me to bring home a friend, she knows I'm a fairly lonesome person. It would be great. We can watch some movies, eat some snacks and you know just hang out" He asked and I smiled.

"I mean I'd most likely need to ask Jeerot, but I suppose so" I exclaimed and he grinned as well.

"Great it's a date then!" He cheered no longer having the well known frown crossing his lips. I smiled as well and after a few seconds of only staring deeply at each other, He pulled away his eyes and looked at the few notes he pulled. 

"So let's get started shall we?" He asked and I couldn't help but giggle, as a smirk crossed his lips. I leaned over the desk and kissed his cheek as he's done to me many times before. However, I never blushed as badly as he ever did. I watched as his once pale cheeks and neck became a beating red color. He chuckled a little of embarrassment and looked down at his hands. 

"Sorry, Ash. I just couldn't not do it" I smiled and he bit his lip, scrunching his face.

"I-It's alright" he muttered quietly still blushing horribly. I smiled at him and giggled at him a little. 

Omg guys I actually updated haha. cute right? c: So what's new with you all ? Anything ? I started school today and ew I had like an anxiety attack but I'm okay now (: Okay well I love you guys, stay strong beautifuls <3