- 6. H -

A nurse found me sleeping huddled in the bathroom at dawn. Somewhere during the hyperventilating and crying of the previous night, I'd fallen asleep.

She carefully walked me past the disorder of my first room to a new one, and I caught sight of an arrow stuck in the wall underneath the window, which had completely shattered. The vase of flowers Laurel had so thoughtfully brought was also shattered, the sunflowers strewn across the floor among shards of glass and puddles of water.

An arrow...it had to be the other vigilante. The one Joanna hadn't been able to identify. The Hood.

When I was in the bed in my new room (and the dizziness from being upright had subsided), I shot a text to Fiddler.

Eva: In a new room. I'll explain when you get here.

As soon as visiting hours started, it wasn't Fiddler who came in, but Oliver who walked into my room, looking only mildly puzzled.

"Why are you in a different room?"

I opened my mouth and started talking. My voice wavered and missed some syllables, but I was too worked up to take the time to write it all down on a whiteboard or piece of paper. "I was in the bathroom last night when I heard the Huntress in my room, and the Hood was there too because I saw an arrow in the wall! And they broke the window, and my flowers were all over the floor-"

Oliver held up his hands, still looking only mildly worried. "Calm down, Goldie." He came forward to sit on the edge of my bed and placed his right hand on my blanket-covered knee. The use of my nickname didn't make me feel any better, only belittled.

Why do people always feel the need to say calm down when you're obviously distraught?

"Laurel's sunflowers were all smashed on the floor, and I-I was hiding in the bathroom, and I think, I think, I think the Hood and the Huntress were trying to kill me!"

Oliver still didn't look as shocked or concerned as I felt the situation warranted. "Eva, just breathe."

Still feeling distressed, and now vexed, I paused to take a big breath as directed and closed my eyes against the pain that was building in my throat. I shouldn't have talked. I should've just written it down.

"Were you hurt?" Oliver asked, still very calm. I shook my head. "Ok...did they find either of them? The vigilantes?"

"I don't know...have they not figured out who the Hood is yet?"

Oliver shook his head, looking directly in my eyes. "I don't know anything about the Hood." His chin dipped slightly.

I wilted slightly against my pillows. "The Hood and the Huntress are going to be out to get me," I told him, starting to get worked up again. "I don't feel safe with them out ther-"

"Eva!"

Fiddler walked around my bed to kiss me gently before looking up and seeing Oliver, who was still sitting on my bed. Then Fiddler's lovely eyes narrowed, and I realized he was glaring at Oliver's hand on my knee.

"Hello. I'm Fiddler." He stuck out his hand out. I squirmed slightly as Oliver lifted his hand from my knee to shake Fiddler's.

"Oliver Queen."

"Oh, I know," Fiddler assured him. Oliver's eyebrows pinched together for a second, the first hint of emotion he'd shown yet.

"I should go, Eva, but-"

"Yes, you should," Fiddler snapped, and I grabbed Fiddler's hand, hoping he'd calm down enough to allow Oliver to finish his sentence.

Oliver stood up and minutely leaned forward to hug me before stopping himself and shaking his head. He left, and Fiddler glared after him for a five count before returning his attention to me.