- 7. "You Ready?" -

"Say 'ahh'."

I obeyed Dr. Mavarre, feeling a bit giddy when my voice didn't crack once.

"Well, Eva, everything looks good." Relieved at Dr. Mavarre's statement, I sent a smile towards Thea who looked as pleased as I was. "The bruises are definitely improving, and your speech is much better."

"And the dizziness when I walk has completely gone away." I added, eager for a clean bill of health.

Dr. Mavarre scribbled something on my chart as she spoke. "I'd still like another follow up again, but I'd say you can go back to your apartment now."

Never had I been so happy to hear my apartment mentioned.

"That's great!" I looked to Thea, who wasn't as pleased as I was this time. Well, she'dd just have to find someone else to binge watch Supernatural with.

Dr. Mavarre finished her check-up, and it was with high spirits that I left the hospital.

I wasted no time. As soon as the car stopped in front of the Queen Mansion, I leapt out and headed straight upstairs to start packing. Overeager and with no desire to be organized, I started throwing my clothes onto my bed while stuffing my toiletries into a large Ziploc bag.

Where was the Vicodin I'd gotten from Dr. Mavarre?

I started looking through the drawers of the bedside table, wondering if I'd left them in there.

"If I didn't know better, I'd be offended by how happy you seem about leaving." I gracelessly turning around to face Oliver, who was, once again, leaning against the doorframe. He wasn't smiling, but he didn't look unhappy either.

"Well, thankfully you know better." Oliver didn't laugh, just pointed to the mountain of clothes on the bed.

"Need some help?"

"Sure." I looked behind the bedside table and under the bed for that pesky prescription bottle.

Oliver came in and started neatly folding all my clothes, before gently putting them inside my bag. Once again, I was shocked at his laundry skills.

"What are you looking for?" he asked, as I flung open the closet and started searching the shelves.

"The doctor prescribed some Vicodin to help me with the pain, but now I can't find it."

"You going to be a drug addict?" he asked, his face completely serious, but I could see his eyes twinkling with mischief.

"You know where they are." It wasn't a question.

He held them out to me, laughing. "They were already in your bag. Someone feeling a bit scatterbrained today?"

I rolled my eyes, before sliding the bottle into my pocket; I didn't want to lose track of it again. "I still have a bunch of stuff to do for tomorrow when I get home."

Oliver looked concerned, his eyebrows furrowing in an adorable manner. "Don't overwork yourself, Goldie. You don't want to land yourself in the hospital again."

I brushed off his concern. "Quit being overprotective. I know how to take care of myself."

He finished folding my last t-shirt, and then zipper up the bag for me. "Need a ride back to your apartment? Diggle and I are headed to the old Queen factory in the glades, so we can drop you off on the way."

"Why the old factory?"

Oliver looked down, away from my eyes to pick up my bag easily in one hand. I had a week's worth of clothes in there, not to mention a towel, my toiletries, and more than a few books for school.