Chapter 2

It had been one month since the famous Batman had taken a sidekick. And so far things were going very well. Every day after dark Batman would meet Robin at an assigned designation. They would then travel through a secrete tunnel and arrive in the Batcave.

"So where did you say you were from again?" Batman was working on the Batcomputer while Robin was training.

"My parents and I came to Gotham from Chicago a few months ago. My dad's a lawyer so we had to move for his work." Batman had given him a bo-staff that he was currently using to beat up a dummy. In fact, Batman had given him a bunch of cool toys: a staff, his own bat-a-rangs, and he even made him a motor cycle! He called it the Robin Cycle!

"Hmm interesting..." Batman smirked "If I do remember correctly yesterday you said your dad was a doctor. And that you were from Seattle..."

He chuckled as he sat down in a chair next to him "Did I?" he took a drink of water "I meant my mom was a doctor and my dad was a lawyer. We used to live in Seattle before we moved to Chicago."

"I see..." They both knew it was a huge lie, they just liked to mess around with the other to see if they eventually they could trip them up.

"Good evening Master Robin." Alfred walked down the stairs with a plate of sandwiches. He was also wearing a small domino mask so Robin didn't know who he was.

"Hi Agent A!" at one point Bruce slipped up and almost called Alfred by his name. This told Robin that his name started with A. So now it just kind of stuck.

Robin grabbed a sandwich off of the tray. "So what are we going to do tonight Batman?"

Batman pulled up a picture of Richard Grayson and Robin almost choked on his sandwich. "Richard Grayson went missing a month ago after his parent's murder. The authorities are clueless as to where he went. We're going to try to find him.

At this point Robin had to keep himself from laughing. He was about to help the world's greatest detective find himself! This was going to be fun! "Sounds good, James!"

Batman chuckled "Not even close." He got into the Batmobile "Come on Timothy."

Robin grinned "Nope!" he ran over and got into the Batmobile. Alfred just laughed to himself as they left. He thought it was nice having Robin around, it made Batman a bit less gloomy.

~time skip~

A few hours later the Batmobile came zooming back into the Batcave. Alfred was currently dusting off the Batcomputer. "Any luck sirs?"

Batman shook his head as he walked over to the computer. "We talked to multiple homeless communities but he wasn't at a single one." He sighed then turned to Robin "It's getting late. There isn't anything else we can do tonight so why don't you head home? Your parents are probably worried."

Robin waved him off "Oh they're fine. They always get home really late." He walked over to his bike "Well I'll see ya tomorrow!" And just like that he was gone.

~time skip~

Robin got back home and took off his mask. For the past month he had been living in an abandoned boxcar near the fair grounds. The whole set up was perfect. He could hide his bike inside when he wasn't there and even had a lock on it. at some point he'd found an old mattress to sleep on and he had other things scattered around to make the place a bit more homey.

Dick looked longingly towards the deserted fair grounds as he closed the sliding doors. Not long after Tony Zucco was apprehended, the circus left town. He knew they had to but he still felt hurt. It felt like they had completely forgotten about him. But he knew that even if he hadn't run away he still wouldn't have been able to leave with them. He probably would have been put in an orphanage.

There was that word again. Orphan. At the weirdest times he would remember that he no longer had a family. His parents were gone so now he was completely alone. Except for Batman. Batman had taken him in when he really needed it. He might not know that he doesn't have parents, but he had basically become Dick's new father figure.

Sometimes he felt bad about not telling him his identity. Especially when he saw how hard he was looking to find him. But he knew he couldn't. If he did then he would probably tell the police and he would be put in an orphanage. And he didn't want that. Because then he couldn't help people anymore.

Dick sat down on his bed and opened up a pack of crackers that he had found in a trash can. He had pledged that even though he was homeless he would never steal from anybody. That would make him no better than the people he was trying to stop. Although this meant of course that he was lacking a bit in the food department. He really needed a job...

(A/N - Hey guys! Thanks for telling me I misspelled the title -_- I guess none of us know how to spell :) Thanks for reading sorry it took me a bit to update. Stay whelmed and feel the aster.)