Chapter 4

Another year had passed. Robin was now 11, and he was currently in a lot of trouble. He and Batman had been on a mission trying to track down the Joker. They had decided that it would be easier for them if the split up and covered more ground. Well just like in the movies that meant one of them had to get captured. And of course that had to be Robin.

"Wakey wakey..." Robin's head hurt as he slowly started to regain consciousness. When he finally opened his eyes he saw the joker's ugly yellow teeth smiling at him. "Oh good! You finally woke up!"

Robin was tied to a chair as he quickly started to scan the room. It looked like they were in an abandoned hotel. The windows were boarded up and all of the furniture was gone.

The Joker watched him as he looked around "Trying to figure out an escape? There's no need. I'll let you go if you just do one thing for me." Robin glared at him "Tell me Batman's secrete identity."

"Never!" Robin spit in his face.

"That wasn't very smart kid." He wiped the spit from his cheek "I told you that I would let you go if you told me his identity. But you've lost that chance." He smiled evilly "Now I'm just going to have to beat it out of you..." he pulled out a crowbar the closet and Robin gulped. This wasn't going to feel good...

~time skip~

Batman was desperate. You can always tell when he' desperate because this is the only times that he will ever ask for help. That's how Barry, Clark, and Diana knew that it was serious when they got called. Apparently Robin had been captured and Batman needed their help to find him. Clark and Diana flew as fast as they could while Barry ran. He had brought Wally along because he thought he could help.

The four heroes met Batman at the place where he had found a note from the Joker. It claimed that if he told the citizens of Gotham his secrete identity then he would let Robin go. "Poor kid... the Joker's probably going to try to beat the name out of him..." Diana had never met Robin but she had heard from Barry that he was a very sweet kid.

"He won't get it out of him." Batman assured.

"How can you be sure?" Clark asked. He also had never met Robin.

Batman glared at him "Trust me. I know. Now here's what I need all of you to do..." He quickly gave all of them their orders and they rushed off to do what they had been told.

Wally was worried about Robin. All of the sidekicks had become closer over the past year but he and Robin had really hit it off. They had become great friends and Wally couldn't live with himself if something bad happened to him.

~time skip~

The Joker was real mad now. Not only had he not heard a peep from Batman, but this kid wouldn't tell him a thing either! "Hmm... this isn't working..." So far the Joker has just ruffed him up a bit. He would have a few nasty bruises but he hadn't broken anything yet. "This is your last warning. Tell me his name or else you aren't going to be able to walk out of this." He shook his head.

Up to this point he had been good about keeping his composure. He hadn't cried out at all, but when the crowbar came crashing down onto his kneecap, he let out a blood curdling scream. "Tell me who he is or the other goes too!" tears started to drip from under his mask but he shook his head. A second loud crack rang through the room followed by another agonizing scream.

~time skip~

The heroes listened as Clark started talking over the communicators Batman had lent them. "I think I heard something. It was near the corner of 1st and 2nd street."