Chapter 7

It had only been 2 weeks since the formation of the Team and they were already treading on thin ice. It had all started simple enough. The Team had gone into the kitchen while Megan made them cookies. They came out charred but Wally still ate the whole tray. Robin seriously thought Wally would eat anything as long as it wasn't moving.

It all went bad when Megan went into Connor's mind to comfort him. He freaked out and she accidently went into the other's minds as well. Connor, Wally, and Kaldur were freaked out when they saw moments from their lives appear before their eyes. But Robin was the worse.

As soon as Megan cut off the link she saw Robin kneeling on the floor with his hands over his ears. He looked petrified but none of them knew what he was seeing, except for Megan. She started to cry as she held a hand over her mouth "I-I'm so sorry... I didn't mean... On Mars that's our main form of communication."

The three boys wanted to be mad at her but when they saw her crying they instantly felt bad. "Hey it's ok..." Wally comforted her "We know it was an accident. Just try not to do it again." She nodded and looked over to Conner.

He sighed "I guess I forgive you too."

Kaldur nodded "Me as well. Just be more careful next time." He then looked over to their youngest member "Robin? Are you alright?"

He shakily stood up. He looked over and glared at Megan "You are NEVER to do that again! Do you understand?!" She nodded quickly and started crying even more.

Wally grabbed his arm before he could storm out "Dude chill! She already apologized!"

"Let. Go. Of. Me." as Robin yanked his arm free it was then Wally noticed the tears dripping from under his sunglasses. He stormed out of the room before anyone could say another word to him.

"He has the right to be angry with me." they all looked over to Megan who was starting to calm down a bit. "When I went into his mind... I saw horable things... the things that he has gone through... I don't know how he can bare it..." She started sobbing again "They just kept falling! Over and over again they fell! It just kept playing on repeat... It could drive you insane..." No one knew what she was talking about. But they knew it couldn't have been good...

~time skip~

After he had left the kitchen Robin went straight towards the gym. He had been excited to find out there was a trapeze and he had just been itching to try it out. It had been too long since he was able to truly fly. He just hoped he wasn't too rusty.

~time skip~

The boys all agreed that it was probably best to give Robin his space. But Megan was determined. She searched the whole mountain until she finally heard noise coming from the training room. She silently walked in and was amazed at what she saw.

Robin was gliding through the air on a rope. He would let go of one and then he would grab onto the other. She was amazed as he built up momentum and did four flips before grabbing onto the other bar. She couldn't help but clap at the performance. This unfortunately startled him and he slipped. Without even thinking Megan quickly grabbed onto him with her telekinesis. She set him gently on the floor and quickly ran over to him.

"I'm so sorry!" She stuttered "I just keep messing things up..."

Robin was still in shock from the close call "You-you saved me... thank you..."

She wiped her tears away "You're welcome. But I shouldn't have startled you in the first place... You were very good though."

"Thanks..." he blushed. He then reached his hand to cover up his warm cheeks when he realized something was missing. "My glasses!"

"Here!" Megan sweetly picked them up off the floor and handed them to him. She then realized something "I'm not supposed to know what you look like am I? Oh I just keep messing things up!"

To her surprise Robin wasn't angry. He just put his glasses back on and smiled at her. "It's ok. The important thing is that you don't know what my name is." He thought about her going into his mind "Wait... do you know my name?"

She shook her head "Whenever I went into all of your minds I only saw specific moments in all of your lives. For you... all I saw was the lady and man falling..." she saw Robin flinch "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up."

"It's ok." Robin assured "I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier. I know it wasn't your fault I was just caught up in the moment." He thought about what he had seen "Can I tell you a secret?" She nodded and they both sat down on a bench "Those people you saw... They were my parents. They died when I was younger."

"I'm so sorry..." tears started to fall from her eyes.

Robin smiled at her "You need to stop doing that."

"What?" she asked innocently.

He chuckled "Saying sorry all the time. You can't blame yourself for everything."

She smiled back at him "I guess you're right... so what were you saying?"

Robin continued "They were murdered. We were trapeze artists at and the wire was tampered with. I still see them falling every day." He sat there for a little while then looked back at her "thank you for letting me talk to you. I've never told anyone that before."

She smiled "Anytime Robin."

~time skip~

The team was happy to see that Megan and Robin came back and were smiling. Later that day there was an intruder that they had to deal with. For a while they thought it was Red Tornado but Megan was finally able to figure out the truth. Maybe things weren't looking so bad for the team after all...

(A/N - Hey guys! :) Thanks for reading! Stay whelmed and feel the aster!)