Chapter 14

The League had called a meeting in the Watchtower. The entire League set around a large half circle table. Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman stood at the front of the room. "We are here to discuss future members of the League." Batman summarized.

"Remember, those who you choose here today will be the world's heroes." Wonder Woman said strictly "Choose wisely."

"Does anyone have anything else to add?" Superman looked around but no one spoke "Okay let's get started then." The three sat down. "I would like to nominate Icon."

Green Arrow snorted "Is that because you thought he was Kryptonian like Captain Marvel?"

Billy looked up "You thought I was Kryptonian?!Cool!"

Superman blushed "That's not my only reasoning... I just think he is an excellent hero."

Wonder Woman put a hand on his shoulder "I also agree that Icon would be a good addition to the League. In fact, I believe his protégé Rocket would also be a welcome addition. Athena knows we could use more female members!"

Black Canary and Hawk Woman clapped "Here here!"

"How about Blue Devil?" Martian Manhunter asked. No one directly countered him but they also didn't seem very enthusiastic about him either.

"You've got to be kidding me..." Billy snorted at the picture on the screen "The Atom? He's tiny!"

Batman glared at him "Exactly. He would be a great asset to have for infiltration."

The Flash nodded "Bat's has a point. But I will say the League could use some more power."A picture popped up on the screen. Hal and John scowled. "Earth does have another Green Lantern. Guy Gardner."

The two Green Lanterns glared at him. "No."

"But..." Barry tried to protest.

"No." Well Guy sure wasn't getting those two votes.

Green Arrow coughed to release some of the tension "Okay...well if we are considering Blue Devil, then I would like to nominate Red Arrow." He laughed nervously "See what I did there? They both have colors in their names..." no one laughed "I'll shut up now."

Dina patted him on the shoulder "That's probably wise dear." Everyone laughed at this and Oliver just glared at them. How come they laughed at her jokes?!

"I don't know..." Aquaman looked up at Roy's image on the screen "Red Arrow has been known to be disrespectful. Should we really be rewarding that kind of behavior?"

Green Arrow stood up for his former protégé "Roy is 18. He is a legal adult. He's matured a lot since the formation of the team." The other members looked at each other nervously but none the less they let the matter go.

Eventually the conversation turned to Doctor Fate's membership."Why should he be allowed to be a member of the League just because he stole Zatara's body?" Billy asked.

"Zatara requests that we stay a member of the Justice League." Doctor Fate answered.

Green Arrow snorted "Yeah right."

"It is true." Doctor Fate continued "Zatara does not trust Nabu. He wants the League to keep an eye on us."

"How can we be sure that Zatara is even still in there?" Hal asked.

Batman suddenly interrupted "I nominate Zatanna for League membership."

"No!" Doctor Fate yelled.

Batman looked to the others "I believe that is proof enough. Zatara is still very protective of his daughter." They all nodded and let the matter pass.