Chapter 19

Dick sighed as he looked at himself in the mirror. Today was the five year anniversary of his parents' deaths. Haley's Circus had come back to Gotham in order to pay their respects. Dick wasn't quite sure what to expect but he knew that he had to go. He took one more look at his reflection, rubbing the scar under his eye, before he headed towards the door.

Suddenly he got a call from Batman "Not now..." he sighed and answered "Hello?"

"Hello Robin." Batman replied. "The team is getting a mission."

Robin hated to decline but he had to "I'm sorry but... something has come up. I won't be able to make it."

"Oh." Batman was surprised. Robin almost never skipped missions. He hoped nothing was wrong. "That's fine. Batman out."

He hung up and Dick was left alone. He looked at his Flying Graysons poster longingly before leaving for the circus.

~time skip~

The team, minus Robin, stood in front of Batman as he gave them their mission. An image of a young boy with black hair appeared on the screen behind him "This is Richard Grayson. He disappeared from Haley's Circus 5 years ago after his parents' murder. He has been missing ever since. The circus has returned to Gotham for the 5 year anniversary. I believe that if Richard is ever going to be found this is our last chance to do so. He will most likely be at the show tonight. I want you all to go to the circus undercover and try to find him. I, as well as many of the other Leaguers, will also be there in are civilian identities."

"Haley's Circus?" Artemis asked "Isn't that the circus we went on that mission to a few months ago?"

Connor nodded "I think you're right..."

Batman looked at them confused "What mission?"

Now Artemis looked confused "You know the one that you sent us on? Robin said you wanted us to investigate the robberies linked to it. We ended up keeping Haley's Circus from going out of business."

Batman just stood there in shock "I never sent you on that mission."

Megan was getting worried for Robin. He had already told her that he was going to the show so she knew there was no way she could talk him out of it. All she could do now was try to change the subject. "Shouldn't we uh... talk about this later? Chances are this Richard guy will get there early so we should probably get going..."

Batman had to keep himself from losing it. Why had Robin sent the team on a mission without his permission? And why was he only just now hearing about it?! He would have to have a serious talk with Robin about this later. But Megan was right. "Ok team... head out."

~time skip~

Dick was standing in line for his ticket wearing a pair of sunglasses, even though it was already night time. He looked ahead of the line, into the big top. This day held sad memories for him and he had woken up crying. But he had to admit, seeing the circus again really made him happy. Sure he had seen it just a couple months ago, but he was focused on the mission. He wasn't really able to experience everything. A broad grin lit up his face as he finally took his seat. Now all that was left was to wait patiently for the show to start. He couldn't wait.

~time skip~

"The team is all in position Batman." Zatanna informed over the radios.

"Good." He replied. The team had split up and all gotten seats in different areas of the tent. Many League members had also joined. All of them were in their civilian identities.

Bruce Wayne sat next to his butler Alfred as he waited for the show to start. "Do you think he'll show up Alfred?"

Alfred smiled at him "You just have to have faith Master Bruce. And if he doesn't, well then you'll just have to have faith that he has made a happy life for himself somewhere." Bruce nodded as the lights started to dim. The show was starting.